Webcomic: AU Reverse
AU!Reverse is an ongoing Ed Eddn Eddy Alternate Universe Fic webcomic drawn and written by Asphyxion. As the title suggests, it follows the everyday lives of the characters in a world in which their places on the school food chain (and to a certain extent, but not much, their personalities) are reversed. The story will follow each character as they struggle through the difficulties of being a teenager in high school, but it mainly centers around Kevin, now a robotics-loving nerd, and Edd, the cynical but intelligent captain of the swim team.The comic can be found on Asphyxion's Tumblr, along with some supplemental material.
This work provides examples of the following:
- Academic Athlete: Edd is a rare male example; he's captain of the swim team and maintains a 5.0 GPA.
- Adaptational Heroism: Marie Kanker is much nicer here than she is in canon; rather than being Eddward's Abhorrent Admirer, she is his best friend and confidant, and is also shown to be friendly with Kevin and his friends.
- Adaptational Villainy: In canon, Edd is snarky and somewhat prissy at worst, but is generally one of the nicer characters in the show. Here, he's a sly, manipulative Jerkass, though it's implied that there is a reason for this.
- Adorkable: Kevin.
- Animal Motifs: Edd is compared to a shark, and Kevin to a minnow. In fact, Rolf even refers to Edd as "Shark-Edd-Boy".
- Berserk Button: Edd's Jerk Jock tendencies seem to be this for Nazz, of all people.Nazz: THAT'S PROBABLY WHY HE'S GOT TWO D'S IN HIS NAME, BECAUSE IT STANDS FOR DICKY DOUCHE!
- Word Of God says that messing with Edd's dogtags or hat are this.
- Bow Ties Are Cool: Kevin seems to think so.
- Companion Cube: Plank is this to Johnny, as usual.
- Cool Bike: Kevin's dirtbike.
- The Dandy: Jimmy. His biggest problem with Kevin seems to be his outfit.
- Deadpan Snarker: Edd still has this; if anything, it's even worse than in canon. Marie gets in on it, as well.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Perhaps not quite a genius, but Kevin is interested in robotics.
- Hipster: The Kanker sisters are all different types of hipsters.
- Jerkass: Edd, very much so. From what we've seen so far, so are Johnny and Jimmy.
- Jerk Jock: Take a guess.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Nat (wisely) stops Kevin from picking a fight with Edd, and goes on to distract him with conversation while the bullies taunt them as they walk away.
- Megane/Meganekko: Kevin and Nazz, respectively
- Memento MacGuffin: Edd's dogtags.
- Morality Pet: Marie Kanker for Edd; so far, she seems to be one of the few people Edd is remotely civil to, and can get away with calling him on his attitude.
- Nice Hat: Kevin's baseball cap (now facing forward) and Edd's sock hat, as usual.
- Original Character: Nathan Kedd Goldberg, a popular OC in the Kevedd fandom, is a major character.
- Ship Tease: Ironically not for the main couple of Edd/Kevin but rather Marie/Nazz, given how flustered Nazz is at seeing Marie. Given there's been confirmation of Les Yay existing in the future, we may get to see the 2 girls hook up.
- Spock Speak: Edd, natch.
- Super OCD: This carries over from the canon with Edd, including his penchant for labeling things. In fact, cleanliness is possibly one of the reasons why swimming is his chosen sport.
- Terms of Endangerment: Edd consistently calls Kevin "Pumpkin".
- Terrible Trio: Strangely enough, not Ed, Edd, and Eddy, but Edd, Johnny, and Jimmy. (Though technically, Plank makes them a quartet.)