"Let's find out what's wrong with Pinkie's brain."Twilight once more decides to examine Pinkie For Science!. This time, she tries to figure out just what's wrong with Pinkie's brain. Unfortunately, something goes wrong. Now Pinkie Pie's alter egos have been set free from her mind and are runing amok throughout Ponyville. Worse yet, the original Pinkie Pie has been rendered — GASP! — normal! Now her friends have to track down the pieces of Pinkie Pie's mind and put them back where they belong before things get too out of control.A Piece of Pie is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fancomic posted on DeviantArt by MohawkRex. The original can be read here and a colored version by whysoseriouss can be found here.
— Twilight Sparkle
Tropes In this Webcomic:
- Ax-Crazy: Punky Pie, who loves pranks, but her preferred prank is launching missiles full of itching powder all over the city not caring if anyone gets hurt or not.
- Amazonian Beauty: While Rarity is still Rarity, she looks decidedly more buff in on this page when dealing with Golden Pie.
- Berserk Button: Punky Pie should never have tried to hurt Fluttershy in front of Rainbow Dash.
- Broken Bird: Poor little Pinkamena.
- Dance Party Ending: The fic ends with all of Pinkie's personalities, minus an annoyed Golden Pie and Punky Pie, and Discord having a big party inside Pinkie's head.
- Great Gazoo: The Amazing Pinkie Pie is this, having Reality Warper abilities far above Pinkie's and using them to fool around with AJ and Big Macintosh in hilariously over the top ways.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Twilight's experiment to figure out what's messed up with Pinkie's mind sets off the plot.
- Literal Split Personality: The plot of the story has four emerge from Pinkie Pie; Golden Pie, the Amazing Pinkie Pie, Pinkamena, and Punky Pie. The Stinger reveals she has quite a few more.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Twilight is rightly worried that Pinkie is making perfect sense with her other four personalities gone.
- Quip to Black: Rainbow Dash drops one after knocking out Punkie Pie.Rainbow: "That wasn't funny."
- Reality Warper: The Amazing Pinkie Pie, much to Applejack's annoyance.
- Right-Hand Cat: Golden Pie uses Opal like this.
- Sadistic Choice: Golden Pie gives Rarity one; steal Twilight's balloon for her so she can escape or she'll set off a custard bomb in her shop and ruin all her dresses. Rarity just yanks her off her seat, setting off the bombs, because she cares about Pinkie Pie more.
- Sealed Evil/Good/Badass: Pinkie's personalities run the gambit of all of these.
- Shout-Out: Punky Pie's cutire mark is the "A" symbol for anarchy
- The Amazing Pinkie Pie's looks like the Happy Bunny from David and Goliath shops
- Golden Pie's is an eye similar to those associated with the Stonemasons or Illuminati
- Sweet Tooth: Applejack exploits this to capture the Amazing Pinkie Pie with a lot of pie.
- Also counts as Through Her Stomach
- Use Your Head: Rainbow Dash knocks out Punky Pie like this.