Web Video: Xiaolin Showdown Abridged
While it hardly seems necessary to give a reason for giving the gift of comedy, we would like to express that our feelings toward Xiaolin Showdown Abridged go beyond those given to a mere parody. LittleKuriboh has written that while Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series is a fulfilling and enjoyable project for him, his greater purpose for making it is to bring attention to a great plot and cast of characters that often take a backseat to the show's commercial agenda. In this spirit, we also feel that our productions are in themselves purposeful in addition to enjoyable. Despite its seemingly traditional setup , Xiaolin Showdown is a one-of-a-kind show that meant a tremendous amount to us and our friends when it was on during our childhood. The series may have ended, but its disappearance from the airwaves altogether is heartbreaking and denying the growing generation a beautifully rendered, wholesome, and thought provoking cartoon. As described in its first Kid's WB promo, it is indeed a masterpiece, and deserves to live on. We know that there are many who feel the same way, and bringing attention back to the awesome adventures of the Four Dragons is a necessary mission, as well as a wonderfully gratifying one.Xiaolin Showdown the Abridged Series follows the fun-filled adventures of Xiaolin Dragons-in-training as they fight the forces of evil, and Jack Spicer. It is currently at 11 episodes and can be found here. It hasn't been updated since August 2010.
— XSA Crew, the info section of their website
- Actor Allusion: Jack Spicer tends to say "Bejabbers" as a reference to the fact that he and Dave are voiced by Danny Cooksey.
- Jack invokes this again in episode 9 & 10
- Amusement Park: Catatonia - Where the rides leave you completely unable to move.
- Asian Airhead: KimikoRaimundo: That settles it: Kimiko's only here because she smells nice.
- Awesome but Impractical: The Sun-Chi Lantern or rather Lamp of Situationality is seen this way.
- Blessed with Suck: The Jumping Bean Peso (Mantis Flip Coin) is treated like this.
- Butt Monkey: Omi. He's even compared to Krillin, even though he constantly says that he's Goku.
- Calling Your Attacks: Two Words: Testosterone Tackle
- Two ''more'' words: Smartass Grab
- Captain Ersatz: Master Fung is essentially Bill Cosby
- Also, Daddy Bailey is John Wayne
- Catch Phrase: Aside from Bejabbers......
- Clay tends to end his with the words "at a rodeo".
- Raimundo: F*cking Enchilada!
- Tubbimura is attempting to adopt "Oh no she didn't" as of Episode 11
- Crowning Momentof Funny: Omi trying to get the guard to move in episode 3.
- "I got you game right here, bitch unit.
- Also, Clay and Rai's commentary fail during the basketball showdown
- Cut-and-Paste Translation: The double episodes
- Cynical Mentor: Master Fung
- Depraved Bisexual: Catnappe er.....Pussy Galore comes across as this
- Double Entendre: Most episodes with Pussy Galore are filled with these
- Freudian Slip: Wuya has one when she switches "kid" for "cat" when trying to say kidnapping.
- Good Ol' Boy: Daddy Bailey
- Gratuitous Italian: Victoria!
- Gratuitous Japanese: Much of Tubbimura's dialogue
- Hide Your Gays: Explored
- Holding Back the Phlebotinum: This happens to the Aperture Science Claws thanks to Dojo's contract
- Jive Turkey: Jermaine talks like this. Subtitles do not help.
- Lampshade Hanging:Clay: I sure hope nobody notices the enormous flying dragon.
Wuya: What are the odds of both of you grabbing the Bolt Beam Starmie at precisely the same second?!
- Later in the same episode....
Omi: Now leave shamefully without handing over the Ugly Stick that I just won from you
- Episode 11:
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Somewhat subverted in the fact that abridgers hold no copyright. A version of "Hair Guy" Kemo appears as the guard in episode 3 and (Not) Yami shows up during the comment special
- Leitmotif: The Enemy Mime is always accompanied by Panic at the Disco songs.
- Limited Wardrobe: Averted by Kimiko, Playedstraight by everyone else. Was once lampshaded:Dojo: Ain't you kids cold? It be snowcapped up in here.Raimundo: Ehhhhhh, we'll get some snow clothes next season.
- Mistaken for Gay: Happens to Jack two or three times.Raimundo: Hey, there's a gay person right now.Omi: Really? How can you tell?Raimundo: Didn't you hear? He said his name was Spicer. Jack Spicer.Clay: Yup, can't get much more flamboyant than that.
- No Periods, Period: AvertedOmi: This book says that Kimiko's mind is clouded by PMS.
- No Fourth Wall: Most of the time.
- No Respect Guy: Dojo
- Oh God, with the Verbing!: Both with falling and crawling
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" by Lemon Demon
- Shout-Out: Where to start.......Raimundo: Since this is Dragon Ball Z land, I call Goku.
Omi: You can't be Goku and the white ranger!!
- Episode 5 is essentially one big Naruto reference. Jack turns into Light Yagami in the next episode.
- The Eye of Dashi was renamed after a Pokémon.
Raimundo: (As Omi rambles on about this episodes Aesop) Oh my God. She's so hot. She's so flippin hot. She's like a curry. I want to tell her how hot she is, but she'll think I'm being sexist. She's so hot she's ''making'' me sexist. Bitch.Tubbimura: (Caught in the Guster Sword's whirlwind) Sakura! Stop this crazy thing!
- The Fist of Tebigong is the Not-So-Gentle Fist, another Naruto reference
- "I can't stand Gir. That's just how evil I am.
- "Deedee! Get out of my laboratory!"
Dojo: It's all coming back to me now. We pushed that random brick and then Master Dashi said "ah"Raimundo: Ah as in "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"??
- It's time to duel!!
- No, it is not time to duel
- Five Words: The Wuya and The Jack
- Kimiko recieves a threatmantic e-mail in episode 6
- Rai and Wuya even have a competition in episode 7 & 8
- Sidetracked by the Analogy: "Why thank you. I would love to borrow your electronic glass cutter"
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Used a few times
- When the monks feel an evil presence in episode 1, the Barney jingle starts playing.
- And what plays while the stage is being set for the first showdown of the series you ask? The Jeffersons Theme Song.
- Then there's the Double Dare (1986) theme in episode 5.
- The Doublemint Gum jingle was played during a fight
- And the Angry Beavers theme
- Possibly epitomized with the Crazy Bus song from Arthur playing during a showdown
- Take That:Omi: (After being hugged) Did I just get laid?Kimiko: Was it like on camera?
- "Give me the claws or I'll sick my remake bots on you"
- Then came the soulja bots
- (concerning the five Omis) "Even less funny than Dane Cook at a rodeo......or anywhere for that matter."
- "Never! (referring to a plug to watch Blue Dragon) What is next, Bakugan?
- Early in episode 11 there's a jab at 4Kids Entertainment
- "Give me the claws or I'll sick my remake bots on you"
- Take That Me: "Who would be stupid enough to abridge this show?"
- Tempting Fate: "Let's go to the vault. If she (Kimiko) isn't stealing our Wu at this very moment you're clearly wrong."
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: In-Universe, Dojo's explanation of a Xiaolin Showodown.Dojo: Ever try doing acid and coke at the same time? Yeah, it's kinda like that.
- Too Dumb to Live: The effects of the Ring of the Nine Morons. Dare to be stupid indeed
- Logical Fallacies: "Meet me in the copulation chamber or I'll kill myself, and then I'll kill your family"