It's Time For The Spoony One's Wrestling Show!This is a series of vlogs, by Noah Antwiler of The Spoony Experiment, covering wrestling shows, most by TNA and WWE. Spoony shares his thoughts, insights, and jokes on the goings on of those shows, usually in his Caustic Critic mode.He mostly does these videos by himself, but occasionally his brother Miles or his girlfriend April will co-host with him.Since these are unscripted vlogs instead of review shows, the wrestling characters he plays don't appear in these videos.Compare The Mark Remark (a more comedic wrestling review series).See also Counter Monkey (another of Spoony's vlog series, about Tabletop Games).
It's Time For The Spoony One's Wrestling Show!
It's Time For The Spoony One's Wrestling Show!
Provides Examples Of
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: In his Royal Rumble 2014 review, he mentions that several people wrote to him about his review of the WWF WrestleMania VCR board game, asking how he faked the debut of "The Zombie" on WWECW.
- And That's Terrible: "Ric Flair just threatened a woman with sexual assault! And I'm pretty sure you can't do that!"
- Beware the Nice Ones: April admits she has a timid voice, but Spoony points out that when she's pissed, her voice is booming, such as a Big "WHAT?!" she did watching a show.
- Cool Old Guy: On the WM 32 episode, Spoony is impressed by Zack Ryder's dad looking quite built.
- The Extremist Was Right: He says this in relation to the booking in the run up to Randy Orton versus John Cena match at Wrestlemania. By using the most basic booking technique of having Randy (the Heel) brutally squash a midcarder Face, thereby making him look strong and dangerous on the Raw before the Pay Per View
- Spoony: You watch it and you think "Wow, Randy Orton looks like a scary dude, John Cena might be in trouble" ... It's the most basic, fundamental, written by a four year old kind of booking. And it's working.
- Ho Yay: Noted several times In-Universe that wrestling comes across as homoerotic.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: What Spoony says after a good 40 minute rant on The Slammies.Spoony: "I'm gonna go drink heavily now. And I may never stop."
- Informed Attribute:
- Spoony feels that a lot of wrestlers are treated as faces and heels but don't actually act like it. This includes Rusev doing things that babyfaces do in matches (such as refusing to take a break between matches), and John Cena doing things that heels do (such as gloating about how he's going to be fresh and ready for a match when his opponent will be tired out).
- Spoony rails against how Cena is treated as the underdog all the time when he clearly isn't. Spoony's actually pleased when Brock Lesnar actually turned Cena into the underdog.
- Internet Backdraft: He discussed this In-Universe in the WrestleMania XXXI review, where he said he should have said he hated a match instead of merely thinking it was okay, because the latter is what generates the "SPOONY HATES EVERYTHING!" remarks.
- Man on Fire: During his Wrestlemania 32 episode, he feels that if Dean Ambrose went for the Rock's flamethrower against Brock Lesnar, all it would do is piss him off and make him look like the Terminator does at the end of the movie.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: Reviewing a TNA Impact episode, he insisted that Hulk Hogan giving a guy his ring, and that shouting that he can feel its power, is actually one of the plot lines.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Spoony insisted that the anger over the 2015 Royal Rumble wasn't about Roman Reigns winning instead of Daniel Bryan as much as that the WWE management decided who they were going to push over the wishes of the fans.
- Ring Oldies: A Pet Peeve Trope and common complaint is the presence of old and over the hill wrestlers. He also states that the use often means that newer talent is overlooked in favor of the older wrestlers."What are the Nasty Boys doing alive and on my TV? I want to call someone, specifically I want to call the director of whatever nursing home they escaped from."
- Sarcasm Failure: The 8-6-10 video has him doing the serious kind.
- The 7-30-10 video has him outright admitting that TNA portraying Eric Young as "comedically" brain-damaged has him too pissed off to be funny.
- Title Drop: In the first video, he's watching a particularly bad characterization moment, that also makes him realize this show will be mostly talking instead of actually wrestling, and he shouts "Wrestle! WRESTLE!".
- Winter Royal Lady: When discussing how Lana looked (with her sparkling white suit and fox wrap) in WrestleMania XXXI, April described her as "The Queen of Winter", and said she wanted Lana to be her Fairy Godmother.