Web Video: Watchmen The High School Years
A YouTube series parodying Watchmen in a High School A.U. setting.A high school comedian practicing to emcee at the talent show is pushed off the edge of the stage by a mysterious attacker, and is left incapacitated in the nurse's office. Only a masked, hoodie-wearing student calling himself Rorschach dares to investigate, with his reluctant, nerdy best friend Dan by his side.And it's hilarious.The whole series can be viewed here.
This series contains examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Rorschach acquires one in detention.
- Affectionate Parody
- Alternate Character Interpretation: To a certain extent. Dan and Rorschach are pretty much just their canon selves aged down to fit the setting (with certain degrees of humor added), but Laurie is reduced to being merely a chatty Meganekko side character Dan crushes on, Adrian Veidt is a pompous, fluffy-haired theater kid in a sweatband, Jon Osterman pretty much already has all of his isolation and monotone even before his lab accident and finds being blue and able to blow people up mostly inconsequential, and the Comedian is merely exactly what his name says- a comedian.
- Ambiguously Gay: Adrian, though the ambiguity seems downplayed in favor of "Rorschach is convinced he is".Rorschach: Possibly homosexual? Must investigate further."Adrian: (from the next room) I HEARD THAT. AND I'M NOT GAY.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Crossed with Crowning Moment of Funny when Jon surfs for a radio station.
- Freak Lab Accident: The science club builds an intrinsic field extractor, which turns Jon Osterman into... well, glowing blue Jon Osterman.
- Freudian Excuse: Adrian confesses his primary reason for pushing the Comedian off the stage was because "He's been bullying me since kindergarten."
- Insane Troll Logic: Rorschach's "clues". He did get the culprit correct, however.
- "Cushion rhymes with pushin'"
- Adrian Viedt is an anagram for "I did it, and I'm horribly gay".
- Major Injury Underreaction: "It appears I am a circulatory system."
- Mushroom Samba: When Dan gets drunk at Jon's party.
- No Pronunciation Guide: "Juspeczyk" gets mangled into "Juicebox".
- Although Rorschach insists that it's "Sippy Cup".
- Shout-Out: Adrian's dance routine.
- Special Effects Failure: Averted to an impressive extent for an amateur web series with Jon post-accident.
- Unnecessary Combat Roll: Rorschach's apparent preferred method for entering rooms. In slow motion.
- And Rorschach's preffered method of following people. Hell, it's his favourite method for just about anything really.
- The Unpronounceable: