Elf gone! Stuck in woods! There is a log...Warlock Games
is a trilogy of short comedy films released by Locked Door Productions. Only the first is currently released, which can be found here
, a sequel, called Warlock Games 2: Set-Up can be found here
, and a third part, entitled The Final Round is in post production.
When a northener
gets lost in the forest, his friends (somewhat reluctantly) agree to fetch him out. They don't reckon on the warlock, however...
The sequel consists of Zepp relating the story of how his cousins met the Warlock in some months earlier in the woods, making most of it a prequel, and attempting to give a slightly more serious explanation
to the events of the first film.
This show provides examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: Benedict and now Jeff
- Big Bad: The titular Warlock.
- Blood from the Mouth: Not used to signify death here, except in the case of The Boy in number two. Lumpy even has blood pour from his mouth for no good reason after his ear comes off
- Cerebus Syndrome: The second film, despite still being very silly, is much more serious than the first.
- Cerebus Retcon: The second film, and parts of the third, seek to actually give the first film a plot.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Lumpy
- Cold-Blooded Torture: The end of the second film.
- Credits Gag: William Shatner is named as acting coach, among others.
- Crosses the Line Twice: losing a hand? Painful. Using the severed hand to scratch an itch? Amusing.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Lumpy
- Evilis Cool: The Warlock gets all the best lines in the second film.
- He's Back: Decidedly non heroic version at the end of 2.
- Hurricane of Puns: The Warlock's awful puns while torturing Lumpy are really quite bad.
- Kensington Gore: and lots of it.
- The Lost Woods
- Mundane Fantastic: An elf, a warlock, and some very strange magic. No one even mentions it as odd.
- Oop North: Jeff is such a heavy stereotype of this, he prays to Ant and Dec.
- Our Elves Are Better: Subverted. The elf has no sense of direction and after Jeff gets trapped, runs off and does nothing. This elf is definitely worse.
- Sequel Hook: At the end of 2.
- Shout-Out: Zepp is named for a character in Saw.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: Jeff
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Benedict.
- The Cameo: The Director appears in a bit part in number 2, and the elf walks across the background.
- The Stinger: For the third episode.
- Whole Episode Flashback: Number 2.