Web Video: TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life is a series composed of five episodes that follows a TV Tropes addict and the dynamics within his Five-Man Band. It can be viewed here.
This series provides examples of:
- Bacon Addiction: How Eric and Dash reassemble the Five-Man Band.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Joy.
- Deadpan Snarker: Chris tries to be one, but he acts like more of a Jerkass.
- Dumb Muscle: Chris considers Dash to be one.
- Five-Man Band
- Fourth Wall Observer: James.
- Gentle Giant: Dash.
- Gilligan Cut: Mentioned in Episode 2, but never used.
- Happily Ever After: James insists that the status quo will affect this trope.
- Jerkass: Chris.
- Mr. Exposition: Eric.
- Precision F-Strike: In Joy’s What the Hell, Hero? speech.
- Putting the Band Back Together: Eric and Dash reunite the Five-Man Band in order to rescue James.
- Reset Button
- Status Quo Is God: Or so James thinks.
- Take That: To Twilight.
- This Is RealityJoy: Dash, this is just some stupid thing that they do on TV. It’s not how the real world works.
Chris: What are you talking about? James, this isn’t funny. We’re not talking about one of your stupid TV Tropes. This is reality.
- In Episode 4, Chris mentions the trope by name.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: Episode 3.James: The main character was alright in the beginning, but she sort of got Flanderized into a Mary Sue type of character by the end. I mean, her Fatal Flaw was that she was clumsy! How can you sympathize with that? Also, yet another case of All Girls Want Bad Boys. I mean, the whole thing was just so very Anvilicious that it lacked any sort of subtlety, which ruined the Willing Suspension of Disbelief. Not only that, but the lead male character—he just happened to be Fanservice every time he took his shirt off. Not only that, but he was Nigh Invulnerable, so there was really no threat to him throughout the entire film, making him a Boring Invincible Hero.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Joy eventually calls Chris out for mocking Dash one time too many.
- Will They or Won't They?: Chris and Joy.