Web Video: TRON: Destiny
TRON: Destiny is a Fan Film developed by Daniel Weissenberger and Anthony Scot Burns as a sequel to TRON: Legacy and as a fake trailer for the rumoured "TR3N" movie. Released on the Internet to rave reviews, the four-minute short is remarkably well done and has many fans openly declaring their desire for Disney to make the actual film based on its premise...... which is that two youthful college students and computer-nerd hackers make the hack of a lifetime, giving them the plans to build something amazing. Which then builds something wonderful itself...before, as the hackers celebrate with a night on the town, it starts building something else...of a rather less wonderful nature.The short can be seen here.
TRON: Destiny provides examples of the following tropes:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Liz's building of the derezzing laser results in its building a lightcycle. By itself. The test drive gives it time to build something else entirely...
- Back from the Dead: Sark and, by implication, the Master Control Program
- Big Brother Is Watching: Implied; Liz's text to David insists he use a landline to call her.
- Comes Great Responsibility: The professor's speech in the opening of the film is on this topic.
- Cool Bike: The laser builds a real-world lightcycle.
- Emerging from the Shadows: The figure constructed by the laser during the lightcycle's test drive has a blank, dark-faced helmet, until the very end of its rerezzing when its helmet lights flick on...revealing the face of Sark.
- Hollywood Hacking: Apparently constructing the deresolution laser and hooking it up to a computer is enough for the MCP to reach out from the Grid.
- Oh, Crap: When it's realized exactly what Liz hacked.David: You hacked ENCOM?!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Sark
- Sealed Evil in a Can: And it seems they've let it out.
- Swiss Cheese Security: It's trivially easy for David to evade the lone security guard to Liz's building.
- Tron Lines: Well duh.
- Wham LineSark: Thank you, Master Control.