Cameron "The Suburban Prospector" Cook is an Internet movie and music reviewer. His videos
are featured on Audible Forte
, The Rosen Hacker
and Channel Zero
This webseries provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: Usually, but not always. In his "Hitting the Chart" series, he has found songs to like on Billboard's Top 10 despite not being a pop music fan.
- Adaptation Sequence: (In-Universe) Points out that Drake's "Take Care" is a cover (of sorts...) of Jamie XX's remix of Gil Scott-Heron's cover of a blues standard.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: His content advisory for his review of Beneath the Darkness lists "Some disturbing content, language and an overacting Dennis Quaid."
- This review's content-advisory list can even be seen as an example of this trope, since it is perhaps the least justified of the three lists he had done up to that point.
- Follow the Leader: Clearly influenced by The Nostalgia Critic and other reviewers of That Guy with the Glasses.
- Didn't We Use This Joke Already?: See the Running Gag below.
- In The Style Of: His one-year anniversary episode is an homage to The Cinema Snob.
- Name McAdjective: Refers to a one-dimensional drill sergeant as Generic McJarhead.
- Noodle Implements: "... with a bloody machete, a propeller beanie, and a banana cream pie."
- Oh Smeg
- Running Gag: Plays a clip of "Another One Bites the Dust" when a useless character dies in a horror movie.
- Sarcasm Mode: His first video, an apparently positive review of Lady Gaga's "Just Dance," was completely tongue-in-cheek.