Web Video: The Suburban Prospector
Cameron "The Suburban Prospector" Cook is an Internet movie and music reviewer. His videos are featured on Audible Forte, The Rosen Hacker and Channel Zero.
This webseries provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: Usually, but not always. In his "Hitting the Chart" series, he has found songs to like on Billboard's Top 10 despite not being a pop music fan.
- Adaptation Sequence: (In-Universe) Points out that Drake's "Take Care" is a cover (of sorts...) of Jamie XX's remix of Gil Scott-Heron's cover of a blues standard.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: His content advisory for his review of Beneath the Darkness lists "Some disturbing content, language and an overacting Dennis Quaid."
- This review's content-advisory list can even be seen as an example of this trope, since it is perhaps the least justified of the three lists he had done up to that point.
- Follow the Leader: Clearly influenced by The Nostalgia Critic and other reviewers of That Guy with the Glasses.
- Didn't We Use This Joke Already?: See the Running Gag below.
- In the Style of...: His one-year anniversary episode is an homage to The Cinema Snob.
- Name McAdjective: Refers to a one-dimensional drill sergeant as Generic McJarhead.
- Noodle Implements: "... with a bloody machete, a propeller beanie, and a banana cream pie."
- Oh Smeg
- Running Gag: Plays a clip of "Another One Bites the Dust" when a useless character dies in a horror movie.
- Sarcasm Mode: His first video, an apparently positive review of Lady Gaga's "Just Dance," was completely tongue-in-cheek.