Web Video: The Spooge Monster
"The Spooge Monster" is a two-part Garfield and Friends YouTube Poop by TheGreatCodehilio. It follows the adventures of Garfield, Jon, and Odie stuck at a hotel after Garfield's attempts to defy Rock Bottom fail. It has gotten a reputation for being one of the most hilariously bad YTPs out there.
These poops contain examples of:
- Ass Shove: Jon apparently shoved his spare tire up his ass when he was trying to play "Goatse-Man".
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Garfield is implied to be doing this at the beginning of Part 1.
- Defied Trope: Garfield spends most of Part 1 trying to defy Rock Bottom (which the video calls "one of TV's most overused cliches."). This sets off the Overly Long Gag mentioned later on this page. When it's done, Jon says it and they get a flat tire.Garfield: You couldn't leave well enough alone, could you, you stupid fucking idiot?
- Drop the Cow: See Gainax Ending.
- Flipping the Bird: Garfield briefly does this to the viewer in Part 2.
- Gainax Ending: After the "The Spooge Monster" song, Garfield throws Odie out of the hotel...and then the rest of the video is random Garfield and Friends clips set to Apocalyptica's version of "In the Hall of the Mountain King". The creator confirmed this was because he ran out of ideas and needed something to end the video.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Garfield.
- Killed Off for Real: The hotel manager.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: How does he die? He mentions a man named Maurice. Jon asks him who that is, and he laughs so hard he dies.
- Multi-Part Episode
- No Ending: See Gainax Ending.
- Overly Long Gag: Almost the entirety of Part 1 is just Jon driving and trying to resist carrying out Rock Bottom set to the overture from The Barber of Seville (a rendition of it was playing during the original scene).
- Jon ringing the hotel bell in Part 2.
- The Gainax Ending also in Part 2.
- Previously On: Part 2 begins this way.
- Scare Chord: The creator very poorly sings one when the Arbuckles discover the hotel.
- Shout-Out: The death of the hotel manager is accompanied with "Cough, then fall over dead." "My god, he's dead.".
- The Stinger: Part 1 has one: a clip of the hotel manager talking in reverse.
- Voice of the Legion: Garfield says his opening line this way.