Web Video: The Omega
In a fandom run by alpha geeks and hipsters, where can John Q. Public-Geek turn? To the Omega, once captured and tortured by persons unknown for sins against fandom, Omega has escaped and searches for justice...telling you exactly what they think on movies, books, games, and all the other things that make geeks what they are.The Omega is the host of a Video Review Show called The Omega: Iteration 0: Sic Transit Mundus as well as short opinion pieces called This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things. Both can be found on her Blip channel, RT Gomer Productions, and she has her own website here. She is also the Real Life wife of Diamanda Hagan.She's also a member of two podcasts: Lesbian Talk, with Real Life wife Diamanda Hagan, and Thespian Talk, with Holly Chrsitine (former webmistress of TGWTG), The Cat (one of the hosts of Nerd to the Third Power, also on TGWTG), and Gomer the Ranting Thespian (of RT Gomer Productions). Both podcasts can be found at RT Gomer Productions, while Lesbian Talk can also be found on That Guy with the Glasses.
- All There in the Manual: She has a manual in her room which details her reviewing process.
- She has three crossovers with Diamanda Hagan, the first of them being a review of Taint, the second of Butch Jamie, the third of The Troll Hunter. The last one also crossed-over with Derek the Bard.
- She reviews Almighty Thor with Mikey Insanity.
- To date, she's had two crossovers with Mr. Mendo.
- And then there was the time she joined up with Hagan and The Isle Of Rangoon puppets to riff on a short film about chemical warfare.
- Catch Phrase: "Hush it, lobster."
- Distaff Counterpart: In appearance only, she strongly resembles Todd in the Shadows
- The Faceless: She wears a black mask concealing her face. As it looks similar to the masks Diamanda Hagan's minions wear, fans had Epileptic Trees about her being a former minion, which Word of God denied.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She is a captive held in a room with no recollection of her abduction.
- Must Have Caffeine: The Real Life Omega loves her coffee very much.
- Non-Human Sidekick: The talking lobster Giovanni Jones.
- Ontological Mystery: Omega only has vague memories of her past. She has no idea how she got where she is.
- Pretentious Latin Motto: Sic Transit Mundus in her show title, which can be translated as "Thus passes the world". It is probably a play on the famous quote "Sic transit gloria mundi", meaning "Thus passes the glory of the world".
- Speech Impediment: Giovanni has a lisp.