"Hi, I'm the Necro Critic."
-The Necro Critic
Who's The Necro Critic you might ask? The Necro Critic watches some crap movies, he plays crap games and he's there for us to put an end to the fail. You still have no clue who he is? Well let's dive into his description.
The Necro Critic being both the show and the titular character was created by Gareth Van Camp. The Critic is a caustic yet still somehow chilly character and he's really obsessed with Animes and Horror movies plus: Everytime when he's overly angry he hilariously screams into his stress-relieving cat. The show itself doesn't has that many episodes and isn't as well-known as The Spoony Experiment
or the AVGN
. However: It has a large underground cultfollowing fanbase.
You can see his videos here
He once owned a Blip Account
but it got victim of the new Blip following rules.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Inverted. Baby Geniuses had a scene that he considered to be this, until said scene was repeated not 5 seconds later.
- Angrish: He gets so fed up with the "awkward groping" running gag in Eiken, that near the end of the video, he completely loses it and starts yelling insane gibberish before repeatedly screaming the word "PAIN" and having to be sedated off-screen.
- Big "NO!": Him discovering that there's another game mode in Ehrgeiz. It actually extends past the end credits.
- Catch Phrase: "Oww... My soul!"
- Cat-thartic Scream: He has a tendency to scream into his cat the same way one would do to a pillow. Oddly enough, the cat doesn't seem to mind it too much.
- She even has a credit in some of his videos as "Shampoo the Stress-Relief Cat"
- Caustic Critic: He reviews both bad movies AND bad videogames. He occasionally reviews anime too.
- Cool Shades
- Disorganized Outline Speech: Necro Critic states three things that could've been done to fix Spider-Man 3 (paraphrased)
1: Use any villain other than the Sandman.
B: Stop focusing on Uncle Ben.
Finally: Save Venom for the sequel.
- In fact he's been doing the "1, B,..." thing in a lot of his videos.
- Every Episode Ending: "This is The Necro Critic, saying..."
- Expository Theme Tune
- I'm Having Soul Pains: His Catch Phrase is the page quote for this trope.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: He has a tendency to spout these on occasion, immediately followed by the audience booing.
- He jokingly admits to getting death threats for the joke at the end of Call Me Tonight.
"This is The Necro Critic: reminding you to always wear protection during phone sex. It's the only way to prevent hearing AIDS"
- Jekyll & Hyde: Subverted. The Devil Critic is introduced this way note , but he's later revealed to just be his brother taking over for him while he's in an energy drink induced coma. And then it revealed that they were both warring robot clones from the future.
- Overly Long Gag: MAGICAL HEART!!!
- Running Gag: He has a couple.
- Schedule Slip: He's had a few "embarassingly late" holiday specials.
- Sidekick: The Devil Critic.
- Sunglasses at Night: He once wore pair of reading glasses on top of his trademark shades.
- Training Montage: He did two of these while playing Ehrgeiz's infamous Quest Mode. One while progressing a character to the end of the game, and a second one maxing out the other character's levels by hilariously exploiting a Good Bad Bug. Both done to the tune of Paul Stanley's "Live To Win".
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: Occasionally, this happens to him whenever something he's reviewing causes an insane breakdown, immediately followed by a brief scene of him after the off-screen sedatives have kicked in.