series lasted from 2008 to 2009, starring Disney Channel
star Miley Cyrus
and friend, backup dancer Mandy Jiroux. At first short, goofy videos largely shot in Cyrus' home, The Miley And Mandy Show later incorporated fun dance competition between themselves (and their dancer friends) and members of other dance troupes. One dance-off wound up being featured on a Teen Choice Awards ceremony. A video showing the two playfully mocking a video by Selena Gomez
and Demi Lovato
was for a while mis-speculated for being a product for a real rivalry. They wound down as the schedules of Cyrus and Jiroux (now a member of Girl Group
the BG 5) prevented them from making more videos.
The videos can be found at this account
This webshow provides examples of:
- Catch Phrase: "It's like a tank top."
- The two also promoted wristbands they helped to design, with the phrase "Doo da doo, life's good" printed on them, which they sold via a merchandise site.
- They often playfully nickname each other "Shmilerz" and "Shmanderz".
- Genki Girl: Both of them, Miley especially. This really shows through in the video "Wakey Wakey", where Miley is waking Mandy up during a sleepover.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Jump Scare: "Scary Maze Game".
- Real Life Writes the Plot: According to Miley, the show was made for Miley to get over a rough time in her life, with her breakup with Nick Jonas, and the loss of a friend of hers she met in a hospital suffering from cerebral palsy. Mandy broke up with her boyfriend at that time as well.
- Also, as the schedules of both grew busy and Mandy is no longer dancing for Miley professionally (she's a member of girl group BG 5), the show tapered off by 2009. Both of them are still friends and meet up on occasion, and they follow each other on Twitter.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: The dance-off between the two crews, often with special guests and renowned dance crews added, leading ultimately to the Teen Choice Awards showdown.