Web Video: The Masochist Masculist
YouTube show created by Leigh Sabio, in which gender issues and other topics (and often tropes) are discussed. Can be found here.
Tropes used in the show:
- Alliterative Name: The Masochist Masculist. For added bonus, the first letter of her first name also starts with M.
- Apologizes a Lot
- Brains and Bondage
- Captain Obvious Aesop (torture and victim blaming are bad)
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped (Judging by The Talk's segment, millions of people don't understand this)
- Casual Kink
- Catch Phrase: "Hi, it's me just me, the masochist masculist"
- Cerebus Syndrome: From a lighthearted episode introducing me and some chatty intro comments about a haircut, to a discussion of Catherine Kieu Becker.
- Closer to Earth (Discussed re: women are wonderful effect)
- Cold-Blooded Torture (Discussed and condemned)
- Double Standard (discussed, re: divorce)
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male (Discussed)
- Eagleland: TMM praises America and other liberal societies in one video, and appeals to the constitution in another.
- Gender Dynamics Index (Discussed)
- Groin Attack (Exaggerated version is discussed with Catherine Kieu Becker)
- Men Act, Women Are (discussed)
- Precision F-Strike
- Self-Deprecation: The apology in my introduction
- The Philosopher: In the ending, I talk about liberal societies and evolution vs. revolution
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You? (Victim blaming is discussed)
- Does Not Like Men
- Flat Character
- Take Over the World
- The Unfair Sex
- Too Kinky to Torture
- You Go Girl