Web Video: The Cataclysmic Cinephile
He remembers it so you don't ha-wait, wrong guy...
The Cataclysmic Cinephile is an Internet disaster film critic, who prides himself on his Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
, and has very high standards for the films he reviews. He usually adopts the demeanor of a respectable, well-spoken and gentlemanly figure with a mastery of sarcasm, but occasionally, if the film he reviews does something truly stupid, he will sometimes pull a Nostalgia Critic.
Starring Samuel Inglis, the creator of a prequel series to The Dark Knight
entitled The Clown Prince Rises
, and has a starring role in that as well. The reviews have thus far been warmly received, with their sharp wit, clever editing, and hyper-critical focus.
The Cataclysmic Cinephile Contains examples of:
- Caustic Critic: Though, to be fair, the films he review tend to be deserving of such vitriol.
- Dead Baby Comedy: The Cinephile is a big fan of Krampus...
- Deadpan Snarker: Cinephile has practically created art with this trope.
- Non Sequitur: Always finishes an episode with one.
- Sarcasm Mode: Pretty much nearly all the time.
- Schedule Slip: Not as bad as some movie review shows, but Samuel Inglis could use a bit of caffeine, so to speak.
- Sophisticated as Hell
- X Meets Y: The Cinephile is the unholy combination of Oancitizen's erudition and Nostalgia Critic's psychosis.