Web Video: The Cataclysmic Cinephile
The Cataclysmic Cinephile is an Internet disaster film critic, who prides himself on his Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness, and has very high standards for the films he reviews. He usually adopts the demeanor of a respectable, well-spoken and gentlemanly figure with a mastery of sarcasm, but occasionally, if the film he reviews does something truly stupid, he will sometimes pull a Nostalgia Critic.Starring Samuel Inglis, the creator of a prequel series to The Dark Knight entitled The Clown Prince Rises, and has a starring role in that as well. The reviews have thus far been warmly received, with their sharp wit, clever editing, and hyper-critical focus.
The Cataclysmic Cinephile Contains examples of:
- Caustic Critic: Though, to be fair, the films he review tend to be deserving of such vitriol.
- Dead Baby Comedy: The Cinephile is a big fan of Krampus...
- Deadpan Snarker: Cinephile has practically created art with this trope.
- Non Sequitur: Always finishes an episode with one.
- Sarcasm Mode: Pretty much nearly all the time.
- Sophisticated as Hell
- X Meets Y: The Cinephile is the unholy combination of Oancitizen's erudition and Nostalgia Critic's psychosis.