Web Video / Submissions Only
Submissions Only is a webseries created by Broadway actors Kate Wetherhead and Andrew Keenan-Bolger. It focuses on Penny Reilly, a struggling actress in New York City and her best friend Tim Trull, a casting director.
- All Gays Love Theatre: Many of the male characters fall under this trope.
- Bad Bad Acting: Many of the auditions Tim sees
- Betty and Veronica: In season one, Penny is the Archie to Aaron's Betty and Eric's Veronica. By season two, it seems to have shifted so that Aaron is the Archie to Penny's Betty and Serena's Veronica.
- Granola Girl: Raina appears to be this trope as she occasionally makes remarks about eating healthy foods and, in one episode, takes Tim and Penny out to a gluten free restaurant with dry cookies.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Frequently happens as many Broadway stars have cameos in the show, such as Kristin Chenoweth (known for Glinda in Wicked) and Jeremy Jordan (known for his role on Smash as Jimmy and his role in Newsies as Jack Kelly).
- Running Gag: Each episode begins with an (often terrible) audition. Also, the "Adorable Girl" played by Annaleigh Ashford frequently shows up when Penny has an audition and compliments girls on how skinny they are.
- Show Within a Show: Numerous, including Iron Dog and Mean Girls: the musical
- The Cameo: Various Broadway stars. At least one in every episode.