Tropes Relating to Shane Himself:
- Ambiguously Gay: Oh, so much. He frequently lampshades this.
- Beautiful All Along: He used to be enormously fat, then lost all the weight.
- Black Best Friend: Shanna definitely qualifies
- Camp Straight: He would have us believe so.
- Covers Always Lie: Uses missleading thumbnails for his videos to generate views.
- Disappeared Dad: Unfortunately. He occasionally ties this in to a moral.
- Formerly Fat: Lost a lot of weight.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Played for LaughsIf by song, you mean hearing 'Fat piece of shit! fat piece of shit!' then yeah, that was.. that was the most popular tune! *weak laugh*
- Large Ham: The guy can chew the scenery if he wants to.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Shane puts on an over the top and abrasive persona when working. When he's not doing a sketch, he comes across as rather nice- just see him meeting some of the Kids from React.
- Self-Deprecation: Most of his humor involves lampooning himself.
- Troubled, but Cute
- What Beautiful Eyes
- Wholesome Cross Dresser
Tropes Relating To Shane's Characters:
- Ax-Crazy: Everyone. But especially Shanaynay.
- Ambiguously Bisexual: S-Deezy and Paris
- Abusive Parents: Shane's Mom takes it up to eleven
- Bigger Is Better: All the male characters, in particular S-Deezy and Ned, believe this.
- Butt Monkey: While not actually played by Shane, the maid Guadalupe is often horribly injured or killed in her scenes.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Played straight with almost everyone. Aunt Hilda keeps the corpse of her dead husband at the dinner table, Shane's Mom abuses him mentally and S-Deezy and Shanaynay are violent murderers.
- Greedy Jew: Aunt Hilda"This shirt cost three whole dollars! Yeah. Three."
- Hollywood Nerd: Ah, Ned. Classic Type 1, although he does occasionally get the girl ... kinda
- Nerd Glasses: Ned
- Stepford Smiler: Ned the nerd. Just.. Ned the nerd.
- Talking to Himself / Acting for Two: EVERY ONE of Shane's characters
- The Makeover: Shanaynay, Aunt Hilda and occasionally Shane himself will insist on giving you one. Don't let them◊
Tropes Relating To His Show:
- An Aesop: Often ends his videos with one
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: His videos are practically made because of this trope.
- Take That: MANY.
"My vagina got a high score in Temple Run!"
- He seems to hate Miley Cyrus with a burning passion, as they're will always be some joke about her getting stoned or just being generally disgusting in any scene that features her.
- There was another scene where Paris used an iPad as a tampon
Shanaynay: I tried to get you Kelly Clarkson, but I couldn't afford a U-Haul.
- From the episode where Shanaynay drugs & kidnaps Katy Perry for Ned's birthday: