"Why can't we all just get along?"Saturday Nights
is a Teen Drama
series made with The Sims
that is well known among YouTubers
. The series focuses on a group of California kids in their early to middle adolescence. In addition the regular dramas of high school, they occasionally get kidnapped by evil teenage ax murderers
or have to fight vampires.
This series is notable for being the "founder" of "hacked kids" Sims
series. Now there are hundreds of them!
Season 7 takes place four years after season 6, and the main characters are now 20 and in college. This season is somewhat Darker and Edgier
than past seasons.
The series is created by a girl named Jessica who usually goes by her YouTube name, thehontry1. The series itself is actually often just referred to as "thehontry1's series", rather than the actual name.
You can find it here
This series provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Pheobie's parents to her and (to a lesser extent) Allen, and as a result, Pheobie herself toward Jilly.
- Parents in this series are generally neglecting.
- Adults Are Useless: At least 90% of them!
- All There in the Manual: The fact that it is California. It's never mentioned in the show. A temporary Formspring account also provided us with more info; like some characters' last names, and the fact that Sara's dad left her and her mother when Sara was a baby.
- Beta Couple: Juliana and Bryce. Kimmy and Koby used to be this as well.
- Black Comedy Rape
- The Bus Came Back: Shaun, Shaunelle and Koby. And Davis, many times.
- The Cameo: Kind of. Some of the creator's internet friends appeared briefly as cameos in season seven.
- Character Blog: There are loads of fan-made YouTube and Facebook accounts for the characters out there...
- Character Development
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Happens to many, many characters, most notably those based on real people; they would be there for a while, then disappear when Jessica lost contact with those people in real life. Some would reappear later.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Some girls, such as Talyn and Elaina, were in season 7 voiced by a guy. If you don't know, you won't be able to hear the difference.
- Darker and Edgier: While the earliest seasons had lots of questionable content and the other seasons wasn't for kids either, season 7 got darker in all new ways.
- Double Standard: Rape—Female on Male: Well, rape doesn't really seem such a big deal in this series at all...
- Fake American: Subverted. Some fans commented that the voice actress for Dani has a British accent. Justified because she is voiced by the girl who inspired Dani … who is British.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Phil has been/is this with Koby, Aken and Damion. Sara and Juliana sometimes fit this trope as well.
- Ho Yay: Aken and Phil. The creator picked it up and and made lot of Ho Yay moments appear purposely.
- It's Always Summer: Well, it is California.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. There have been two Jennys and a Jenna, and two of them are using the nickname Jen. There were also, oddly enough, two characters named Abonny.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Phil (Phillip), Kimmy (Kimberly), Roxy (Roxanne/Roxane) and some minor characters.
- Parental Abandonment: All the kids excpet Aken and Sara, it seems like. Pheobie got it worst of all.
- Put on a Bus: Most minor characters who didn't just disappear.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Some jealous "fan" flagged all fifth- and sixth-season videos with the excuse that 'hacked kids' were disgusting, leading to the the four-year gap between seasons 6 and 7, so the characters could be "real teens" instead.
- The creator going to college led to another person doing the filming for a while.
- Spell My Name with an S: Is it Shaunelle, Shaunel, Shanelle or Shanel? Well, when she came back it was Shaunelle again. But the name has been misspelled often.
- Jenna was called Jenny on the official Web site! And Jilly called her that in one episode (although, it might be Jilly's nickname for Jenna; like a combination between Jenna and mommy).
- And then there's Roxy's real name. For the first few seasons it was Roxane; in the later ones, an 'n' was added.
- Don't forget all the fan misspellings... Especially the names of Sara, Pheobie and Damion seem to be hard to spell correctly.
- Teen Drama
- Teen Pregnancy: Pheobie, Sara, Leila and Roxy, who aborts her baby.
- Two-Teacher School: No schools had more than a teacher and a principal. (One had a substitute teacher as well.)
- You Look Familiar: Sims looking exactly like Roxy and Damion were used as cameos in earlier episodes.
- Roxy's doppelganger even talked once. Her name was Isabella...