Web Video: Ridgearound
The Ridgearound is a livestream held by Ridgedog of the Yogscast, which started during the 2012 Christmas livestreams. During that time, he streamed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays until he stopped due to personal reasons. In mid 2014, the Ridgearound came back to success, and has been going on ever since.
Tropes for this show include:
Tropes for this show include:
- Big "NO!": During the Moustache March Hardcore Survival campaign, many of the deaths were met by one of these. The biggest "no" came from when Sejii, one of the chat moderators, died. Ridge gave a Big "NO!" that lasted over ten seconds.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The first round of the Art to Die For Survival Games ended this way, with Ridge as the victor.
- Didn't See That Coming: Happens every now and then.
- The Spruce Deuce. Quite possibly the bulkiest most unairworthy plane ever made on Kerbal Space Program. What a surprise that once off the ground it became nigh on impossible to crash and could even make perfect water landings.
- Mac Kerman. His heroic sacrifice in fighting the evil solar panel will forever be remembered.
- Frog Fractions was full of this.
- Fan Disservice: For Ridge, most of the love scenes from the adventure map City of Love was this.
ridgedog: I immediately regret this decision.Ridge: ... Nope. I have fulfilled my Tinkerbell fantasy.
- Averted Trope: Except for Navi's love scene.
- Gross Out Show: Pretty much the entirety of his Surgeon Simulator 2013 for some people. Some specifics are when Ridge attempted to stab his patient in the ear with a pencil and draping his large intestines over his eyes. All while trying to remove organs with a spoon.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: During the Cake Defense 2 map with Syncrasis, Ridge managed to shoot himself with his own overpowered bow. Repeatedly.Game Text: ridgedog walked into fire whilst fighting ridgedog.
- Laser-Guided Karma: In the Cake Defense 2 map, Ridge managed to "accidentally" shoot Syncrasis during one of the rounds, and was instantly killed by all of the mobs that they had aggroed.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: Cannibal Cow, a creature spawned because of a Ridgearound regular's username, has been turned into the resident Nightmare Fuel. Another regular and mod, Echeb, even made a Minecraft mod out of them. It's actually much more terrifying than it sounds.
- Stuff Blowing Up: And how!
- Theme Tune: Although technically neither are used to book-end the stream, With pleasant companions - Go!Go!Carlito! and Hatsune Miku - Leave In Summer, Yet You're In My Fluffoughts have been played so often they are considered the stream's unofficial theme songs.
- Ridge does like to start off the streams with whatever song is stuck in his head at the time though...
- He's also begun to end stream by playing Pizza Time, although he claims its not his theme song but 'the turtles'.
- Title Drop:Cy: Oh, coming from behind!Ridge: It's okay, we'll give them a Ridgearound!Six: *Laughs* Aw, that was the perfect use of that!
- Tranquil Fury: During a recording session for Modded Madness, Bebop shoots a Nuclear Cluster Missle at a platform Ridge was on. This is the exact reaction from Ridge.Ridge: (in a calm voice) What missle did you shoot?
- Unusual Euphemism: Ridgedog has two reasons for his stream name - firstly because Lewis/Xephos used to ask if "Ridge was around" if something server-side needed fixing and secondly because it err... almost sounds rude.
- Truckin' Birches. Nuff said.
- You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me: Ridgedog's initial reaction to the suggestion of Frog Fractions as a game to try.