Web Video: Other Friendship Is Magic Fan Vids
—Disclaimer: This page was created in an effort to save bandwidth on the site by serving as a placeholder
for the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fan-vids that are lesser known, basic or cruder, or which have not yet received the necessary Wiki Magic
to obtain their own individual page. Any contribution to the entries would be greatly appreciated—
Bon Bon and Lyra - MLP Titanic
/ MLP:FiM flash
created by LenToTo. Can be viewed here
Luna's General Work Day
Can be found here
- Heroic BSOD: Luna suffers this after Celestia beats her.
- No Dialogue Episode: Neither Luna nor Celestia speak throughout the video.
- Sibling Rivalry: Brief moment when the sisters play against each other in the video game.
- Troll: Celestia seems to delight in messing with Luna.
Epic Cupcake Time and Epic Pie Time
Can be viewed here
Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyville
From the genius who brought you Epic Cupcake Time and Epic Pie Time. Can be viewed here
Epic Rage Time: The Incredible Derp
The fourth and final entry of the "Epic Pony Time" series featuring Grey Delisle
as the voice of Derpy. Can be viewed here
- Art Evolution: The quality of the animation this time around is similar to the actual show.
- Berserk Button: Never let Derpy know you're out of muffins. Especially if it's Lemon Muffin Surprise.
- Dope Slap: Octavia does this to Vinyl Scratch after she demands a back-to-normal Derpy to shoot more laser beams.
- Eye Beams: Derpy uses this on Ponyville after Snowflake eats the supposed last Lemon Muffin Surprise.
- Hulk Speak: "Derpy want muffins!!"
- Nightmare Fetishist: Vinyl is the only pony admiring Derpy's eye beams.
- Skyward Scream: Derpy does this several times.
- Slow No: Derpy, as Snowflake eats the supposed last Lemon Muffin Surprise.
- Super Strength: Derpy. Twilight Sparkle found this out the hard way.
- Trademark Favorite Food: While it's known that Derpy loves muffins, she specifically loves Lemon Muffin Surprise.
- Unstoppable Rage: Derpy.
- Vocal Dissonance: When Derpy gets angry, she goes from a sweet, bubbly, high-pitched voice to a shrieking harpy.
A Tale of One ShadowNastasia Solitude
gives us her theory about how King Sombra
's Start of Darkness
might have happened. Can be found here
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Opinions seem to be divided over the extent to which Sombra deserved his fate. Most seem to agree that him stumbling into dark magic and summoning the Shadow was an unfortunate accident, but others seem to think he was craving power all along. The video does not make that part entirely clear.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Less awesome and more heartwrenching and horrifying, unfortunately.
- Brainwashed: We see the corrupted Sombra do this to the Crystal Ponies when he seizes power.
- Doppelgänger: The Shadow of Sombra that is created when he uses the dark spell.
- The Corruption: Dark magic acts like this.
- Demonic Possession: Sombra ends up possessed by the Shadow he accidentally created.
- Gemstone Assault: Sombra has the power to create red crystals and attack with them. It seems to be the fusion of this magic and the Shadow's darkness that produces his signature Dark Crystals.
- Pet the Dog: Early on, we see Sombra giving his own scarf to his (presumably) love interest to protect her from the biting cold. When the Shadow possesses him and he usurps the Empire, she becomes just another one of his slaves.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Sombra can fight with a sword of crystal.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Sombra, who is not yet King and instead appears to be a warrior of the Crystal Empire, reads about dark magic in a book and decides to try it out. Needless to say, it turns out to have been a bad idea.
- Start of Darkness
Yes the all-caps is intentional. Yes it is mandatory.
Originally created by Youtuber ZXInsanity
, later joined by Blarghalt
and Jake Whyman
, this video series about the film of the same name
began months before Hasbro even confirmed the movie's existence, when the only information about it was a few low-resolution pieces of concept art. So they just ran with that. The result was some of the most Surreal Humor
ever made. My Little Pony
meets Post Modernism
The playlist for all current "canon" episodes may be found here.
You have been warned.
- Bizarro World: And HOW.
- Cerebus Syndrome: As the series went on, the characters found themselves less often in insane relationship troubles and more often taking part in insane galactic wars with survival of the planet on the line, notably in ZX's "Discord's Awakening"
- Played straight and taken further in Blarghalt's follow-up "Dawn of Shimmer", where Discord dies just after marrying Fluttershy and we get a long scene of Fluttershy standing vigil at his grave. Then Subverted when Fluttershy gets knocked out of frame by a giant Jigglypuff singing Bee Gees music, then Double Subverted when we hear that Chrysalis and her resistance faction are taking orders directly from Lauren Faust.
- Credits Gag: The credits to these videos are nothing but gags.
- One that shows up multiple times, especially in ZX's episodes, is that a person mentioned in one episode's credits will be "Recently Fired" in the next.
- Gainax Ending: It's actually pretty rare for an episode not to end on one.
- In Name Only: You can't get more "In-Name-Only" than this. It has about as much in common with the actual Equestria Girls as the moon has with a banana.
- Lampshaded further in ZX's "MOVIE ACCURATE REMAKES" of his first two episodes. Aside from using a music clip and the official logo from the actual movie, they have even less to do with it than before.
- Memetic Mutation: This is the series that caused everyone to refer to Twilight Sparkle's romantic interest from the film, Flash Sentry, as "Brad".
- Mind Screw
- One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others: One video in the official list, "Renacer" is not made by the usual 3 creators. It was made by Mexican brony Youtuber dprc100 and is entirely in Spanish (but has English subtitles). He made another EQG video, "Un Nuevo Amanecer", but it is not subtitled.
- Robo Speak: Every single character's dialogue is delivered by text-to-speech programs. They are not consistent between creators (or even between episodes of a single creator). They may not even be the correct gender.
- Running Gag: Plenty.
- Characters regularly fall from the sky for no reason
- ZX and Blarghalt often write their descriptions in all-caps, insisting that the videos are "lost footage" from the movie's production, recovered by some government at massive expense and lives lost.
- Lampshaded by Jake Whyman (who normally doesn't use all-caps), when he described one of his videos with "CAPSLOCK FOREVER!!!1!!!11!!!!!..."
- The final orchestral stings from Holst's "Mars" are often used to indicate suspense.
- Stylistic Suck: Where to even begin?
- Take That: Primarily to My Little Pony Equestria Girls, obviously. But it also pokes fun at any number of movies and video games. ZX's "Episode 3" is an extended one to Valve.
- Theme Tune: "Equestria Girls", the infamous parody of Katy Perry's "California Gurls". But only 10 seconds of the chorus.
- Throw It In: ZXInsanity may have started the series, but all 3 creators have fed off each other, incorporating some of the others' jokes into their own videos, for instance...
- Brad is Nicolas Cage
- The only thing Applejack ever says is "Appul"
- Shaquille O'Neal is God.