"This Ninja story is going to be so intense, you will burst into flames some point during the storytelling.
—Ask a Ninja
and Epic LloydNinja
is a two-part web video done by Ask a Ninja
, Epic Lloyd, Urban Ninja and Sam Macaroni. It is about a group of ninjas kidnapping a martial arts master, and two students of the master teaming up to stop the "damn ninjas down the street" (the students are also ninjas, played by Epic Lloyd and Urban Ninja). It also has some segments with Ask a Ninja
introducing the story and ending it as well as telling people to click the link to the next video.
Despite the Excuse Plot
, the action sequences are well choreographed and it features a rap about ninjas in the second part.
Part 1 can be seen on Epic Lloyd's channel here
and Part 2 can be seen on Sam Macaroni's channel here
.If you watch Part 2 first, Ask a Ninja may troll you.The videos provide examples of the following tropes:
- Badass: The white and black ninjas the kidnapped master trains.
- And thefinal ninja down the street, who defeats both the white and black ninja.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Moshi Moshi saves the white ninja after pretending to be a mook.
- Deal with the Devil: According to the rap, ninjas never do this.
- Distressed Dude: The master who is kidnapped while meditating.Also, a Badass in Distress as he saves the two ninjas and kills a ninja by stabbing In the Back.
- Also,the white ninja has this happen to him.
- Excuse Plot: Two ninjas have their master kidnapped by the ninjas down the street. Ass-kicking ensues.
- Fanservice Extra: The dancers in the ninja rap. Also, the black ninja's (apparent) girlfriend.
- Finish Him!: Averted Trope, one of the ninjas down the street tries this. But see Big Damn Heroes and Red Herring Shirt.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Ninjas are not above using this in a swordfight.
- Groin Attack: One ninja appparently dies from a shuriken to his groin.
- In the Back:The last death in the second part is this, done by the master to save his students.
- Mooks: The ninjas down the street.Except one is arguably a better fighter than both the ninja students of the master.
- No Name Given: For many characters as only the black ninja is named, Moshi Moshi.
- Off Screen Teleportation: How does Moshi Moshi get all the way to the fight and disguise himself before the white ninja fights the ninja down the street?
- Off with His Head!: Some ninjas die this way.
- Red Herring Shirt: Moshi Moshi disguises himself as this.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!:Ask a Ninja does this if you wait too long on the first video's ending.
- Self-Deprecation: Ask a Ninja does this in the second video.
- She-Fu: Has a GenderFlip and is subverted, as the male ninjas do backflips and jumps along with traditional fighting moves.
- Take That, Audience!:Ask a Ninja tells the audience that if they watched the second part first, they're an idiot.