Web Video: Michelle Phan
Michelle Phan is the most famous makeup guru on YouTube, having over 6 million subscribers and currently being the 48th most subscribed channel on the site. She specializes in tutorials for basically everything. Hatsune Miku, Sailor Moon, Princess Jasmine, Lumpy Space Princess, the list goes on. She also provides advice on waterproofing makeup, fixing broken makeup, and much more.Her life with makeup started in 2005, when she had a blog where she discussed makeup tutorials. She began posting tutorials on Xanga under the name "Ricebunny", then jumped to YouTube in 2007. After her Lady Gaga tutorials were featured on Buzzfeed, she became immensely famous and ended up launching FAWN, a multi-channel network, in 2012. In August 2013, she in conjunction with L'Oreal launched the EM Cosmetics line.
- Big "NO!": When Michelle's lipstick breaks in "Lipstick Bullet".
- Disappeared Dad: A very heartbreaking Real Life example."Every night I would wait for him to come back...and he never did..."
- Gag Dub: At the end of her Sailor Moon tutorial. An annotation lampshades this.
- Jerkass: Her stepfather, in ways she didn't even want to discuss.
- Ms. Fanservice: Michelle's probably the ultimate form of this trope.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: A notorious moment in her career was when she retweeted a hate comment for all of her 100,000+ followers to see.
- Omniglot: In this video, she speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and Vietnamese.
- Shout-Out: Provided how many tutorials she's made based off of pop culture, there are way too many instances to count.
- Signing Off Catch Phrase: "Good luck."
- Small Girl, Big Gun/Girls with Guns: Michelle with a shotgun in "Lipstick Bullet".