Web Video: Mark Of The Eagle
Mark of the Eagle is a "new"note four-episode webseries created by the United States Postal Service. The series follows a "letter carrier" named Ed as office machines wreak havoc during an otherwise regular workday.The series contains various common Hero-based tropes in a cliché-ridden fashion.You can watch the series here.
This series contains examples of:
- Almighty Janitor: Philip, the guy who provides a "prophecy" relating to Ed.
- Bathroom Stall Graffiti: The source of the prophecy on which Philip picks up.
- Battle Aura: During Episode IV after Philip's Heroic Sacrifice
- Birthmark of Destiny: The eponymous "mark of the eagle" (which is actually the USPS logo).
- Fakin' MacGuffin: The machines have the package in their possession, so Ed switches it out with a fake box. The machines catch on immediately.
- MacGuffin Escort Mission: The package Ed has to deliver.
- Necktie Headband: Starting at Episode II.
- Refusal of the Call
- Rousing Speech: During Episode II
- Post-Mortem One-Liner: Ed to a "dying" copier: "You know it's illegal to mess with the mail"
- Turned Against Their Masters: The office supplies.