Web Video / Mario Teh Plumber
Mariotehplumber is a YouTube
user who used to mostly rant on "Sonic the Hedgehog
", before changing his focus to modern Nintendo games. He is known for constantly swearing and caring mostly for the characters of a game instead of the actual gameplay.
He also has an intense hatred of anything that has attracted a huge Rule 34
following, and often mislabels otherwise-clean characters as "Hentai
", whether they got this through popularity
or questionable infamy among the character's fandom. This includes Rosalina
, any female from Fire Emblem
, the Inklings of Splatoon
, and Linkle from Hyrule Warriors Legends.
In early 2015, he released several videos claiming that all along he was a troll
, and that while he does believe some of what he says, he almost always exaggerates his opinions.
In 2016, He stopped uploading videos and changed a huge amount after starting to like the series Yo-Kai Watch, and made a video explaining his long absence from YouTube
. He still appears time to time again on his friend TheBalishChannel's live streams.Needs Wiki Magic Love
Mariotehplumber has the following Tropes.
- A God Am I: He tends to, repeatedly, address himself as the "embodiment of gaming itself". If anyone is ever playing any game ever, it, supposedly, represents him. If anyone attempts to play against him, they are, supposedly, destined to lose.
- All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles: He calls pretty much anything with an anime art style Hentai.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: His favorite part of Sonic Adventure 2 was Shadow's death.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Drops either this or a Cluster F-Bomb (or both) whenever he gets really pissed. Here's a demonstration.
- Berserk Button:
- He hates the modern design of Sonic that first appeared in Sonic Adventure.
- He hates most modern Nintendo characters, especially female ones. This includes characters like Rosalina, Palutena, Lucina, and Linkle. He tends to call them all "Hentai" characters due to the huge "waifu" and Rule 34 followings they all have.
- He hates Splatoon. Specifically, he hates the Inklings due to similar followings they have to the aforementioned modern female Nintendo characters.
- He hates characters that can be both male or female, such as Robin and Corrin. This is also part of the reason why he hates Link's Distaff Counterpart Linkle so much.
- He hates anybody who likes anything that he doesn't, such as modern Sonic and/or modern Nintendo.
- Mockery and ridicule is a BIG one for him. Any comment towards him with even the slightest amount of snark will make him absolutely furious.
- Broke the Rating Scale: He gives most games that he reviews a negative score, most commonly -69/10.
- Broken Pedestal: He used to worship Nintendo like gods, praising everything they put out and saying every other game company sucks. Now he hates their guts and views them as a Fallen Creator.
- The Bully: Will stalk and berate anyone who speaks out against him. This has gone as far as trying to make sure the accounts of these people are banned.
- Can't Take Criticism: A few of his videos were made of him yelling at people for thumbing down his videos and criticizing him.
- "Now it's time for the most important aspect; THE CHARACTER DESIGN!"
- He also has a habit of starting most of his videos with "Okay" or "Okay Um..."
- Whenever he reviews a game that hasn't come out yet (Which is mostly all the time these days) or exist (Pokemon Z), he'll usually say something along the lines of: "You don't need to play this game to review it."
- "This game gets a -69 out of 10."
- Cluster F-Bomb: His default mode of speaking.
- Disproportionate Retribution: One time he threatened to bomb Sega's offices over rumors that Classic Sonic would have a Werehog form in Sonic Generations (which of course turned out to be false).
- Fan Hater: He doesn't just hate certain games, he hates the fans of those games too.
- Back when he used to rant about Sonic, he called fans of the games "Modern Morons" although he always used "Moran" instead of "Moron" for some reason.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Many of his newer videos feature images that only appear for less than a second.
- Freud Was Right: He has a tendency to see sexual symbolism in just about everything and will angrily point it out whenever possible. For example, his Sonic Adventure 2 review features him referring to the Egg Walker's spring-loaded boxing glove as a "boxing-gloved dick", as well as calling the Final Biolizard a "huge dick connected to the ARK".
- Green-Eyed Monster: He absolutely LOATHES Game Grumps and believes that he deserves the popularity and fandom they have.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Thinks about any female character that exists are purely sex objects and nothing more. The same goes for female gamers and women in general as he often states that they are automatically inferior to men. In fact, Mariotehplumber deleted some Miiverse comments by people in one video that were saying that he was sexist. This shows he cannot express opinions on females.
- Hypocrite: He often insists that those who enjoy current Nintendo are social rejects with mental disabilities. Though he may certainly hate current Nintendo with a passion, his accusations would carry a bit more weight if it weren't for his anger issues, narcissism, and obsessive behavior patterns.
- Jerkass: In spades. He's arrogant, ignorant, childish, and threatens and abuses a great deal of anyone who comes in contact with him. There's a great chance that if someone doesn't kiss the ground he walks on have encountered his prickish behavior at least once.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Even in videos that are meant to be about how thankful he is for his followers, he can't drop his ego long enough to make any of it sound genuine. His milestone video is one example as his monologue starts off seeming sweet until he starts blabbing about how much better he is at games than everyone else in the world. Including said fans of his videos that he compares to ants.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: And how? Yes, he does have a certain level of knowledge regarding his interests but the other half of the time he coins up "critiques" and "facts" about newer games, their fans, and companies purely out of harsh assumptions. And please don't even try to consult him about how autism actually works...
- Man Child: In his twenties though his immature speech patterns and personality do little to show that.
- The Nicknamer: He often creates derogatory nicknames for characters and games that he hates, mostly with swear words.
- N-Word Privileges: Subverted. He's a Caucasian male who has taken up a habit of calling Knuckles "Nigger Knuckles". Granted this is when he already had a lot of people calling him sexist, now making it easier to peg him as a racist as well.
- Pun: Most of the nicknames he gives to characters or games are puns that mix the name of the character or name with a vulgar word.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Swears constantly, to the point where some of his videos were made age-restricted because of it.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Often addresses himself as "the best video gamer in the world" despite the fact he's never done any actual game tournaments to prove his skills against those who may better fit the title.
- He also believes that his commentary is somehow reaching the Nintendo and SEGA officials despite the fact they are likely busy people who would be quicker to consult the criticisms of actual reviewers and business figures first rather than some random fan with a moderately decent following and bad reputation.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: To games and E3 demo's he hates as well as their fans.
- Ruined FOREVER: He often rants about how he believes that certain franchises have been ruined.
- Tantrum Throwing: There is one video where he is complaining about the Modern sonic games and he shows himself on camera in which he tosses of what appears to be a box of legos, a chair and flipping his couch over in a fit of rage. He also did a video ranting on the Game Grumps in the same basement. He destroys a lamp and flips over the couch again.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: He hates most changes that come to long running franchises, most notably the "modern" redesign of Sonic.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With TheBalishChannel. Both of them usually play games and take jabs at each other but are otherwise pretty close friends.