Web Video: Looney Tunes Intro Bloopers
"Places everyone! Roll camera! Cue the shield!" Looney Tunes Intro Bloopers
—Microsoft Sam, at the beginning of a typical episode.
is a series by YouTuber davemadson
(channel currently defunct), which stars Microsoft Sam, Microsoft Mike, Microsoft Mary, Microsoft Anna, L&H Michael, L&H Michelle, the Speakonia Tru Voice
voices, and Dave Madson as himself. The series started on April 20, 2011 and ended on April 4, 2014, after 4 seasons of 92 episodes.
On April 7, 2014, Dave Madson closed his YouTube
account due to personal reasons and the fact that Windows XP is no longer supported, and as a result, every episode of LTIB had been removed.
Fortunately, various YouTube
channels have recently re-uploaded the series.
- Action Girlfriend/Badass Adorable: Anna, whenever she uses her laser eye powers to defeat a scary logo.
- Actually Pretty Funny: As much as Sam gets annoyed by the bloopers, he does find some bloopers to be funny.
- In Episode 43, we learn that their boss, Mr. Warner, loves the bloopers. So much so that he wants to include them in his blooper reels.
- All Women Are Lustful: In recent episodes, the She-Devil has the hots for Dave.
- Always Identical Twins: Scotty and Guy are fraternal twins, as revealed in Episode 41.
- Ambiguously Jewish: Averted with Sidney. He is explicitly stated that he is Jewish.
- Anthropomorphic Personification/Moe Anthropomorphism: Starting with Episode 20, the characters are given somewhat realistic human-like designs.
- Art Evolution: Subtle but since Episode 19, the characters design gradually change.
- Art Shift: Due to Dave being a photo, he will shift from live action to hand drawn whenever he throws a tantrum, when he vomits or gets thrown out of the studio. Also, whenever Dave expresses shock or yells, an open mouth will be drawn on him.
- Author Avatar: Dave Madson himself as of Episode 33 as portrayed in a photo.
- Benevolent Boss: Mr. Warner, to everyone except Sam. Although it's not like Sam doesn't deserve being called out from time to time.
- Berserk Button: Nearly everyone has at least one of these.
- Sam's hatred of commercial plugs, when someone interferes with what he thinks is justified, calling him a control freak, and when someone steals his trademark laugh line.
- Calling Mike an asswipe; he usually responds by calling Sam a son of a bitch and/or threatening him. Flirting with Mary is another one for him. As of Episode 55, calling him a turkey is also one.
- It's not a good idea to call Mary a bitch, or assume she's loony.
- You shouldn't call Anna a "harlot", or make her say a bad word and then tell her to watch her language. Also don't test her sanity just like Michael did in Episode 73.
- Don't call L&H Michael a "wild turkey", as Sam did in Episode 37. And also "dumbass" in Episode 76.
- Don't try to tell L&H Michelle that she is a "lesbian harlot", as Sam did in Episode 31. Or make jokes about her face in Episode 73.
- If you fire Scotty, he'll kill himself.
- Don't suggest that Jimmy needs a head transplant or say that he's an asswipe.
- Don't try and frame Hank for something that you did wrong and get him suspended for it.
- Coincidentally, Scotty did both of the above things in Episode 46.
- Don't call Guy a reprobate or make fun of his deceased pet dogs.
- Never ever, call Beulah "fatso". As Sam will tell you, it usually results with him being thrown around the studio.
- If Abby is nearby, don't threaten Dave, who is her boyfriend.
- Don't threaten to send the Devil and She-Devil after Dave, threaten to punch his lights out, or try to take over his studio, or tell him he needs a shower when he's clean.
- The Devil and the She-Devil hate it when God and the Angel interfere with their attempts to take the characters to Satan's Kingdom.
- In Episode 60, Mr. Warner threw a tantrum when Dave told him that Sam's control freak tendencies may never completely go away.
- Big "Shut Up!": In Episode 61, Dave yells "Shut up!" after Sam yells Scotty's name and Scotty yells Sam's name in the same manner (A running gag in recent episodes).
- Break Up Demand: Microsoft Sam would sometimes attempt to break up Scotty and Beulah (usually after firing the former), but fails.
- Ever since Scotty and Beulah married in Episode 72, he sometimes demands them to divorce during his control freak episodes, which of course fails.
- Breather Episode: The Christmas special, which also marked Guy's return to the series.
- Butt Monkey / The Chew Toy: Radar Overseer Scotty. Guy the Shield Guy, Scotty's twin brother, also qualified in the earlier episodes.
- Sam qualifies as a major Butt Monkey as well.
- The Devil and The She-Devil are this to God and the Angel.
- The Angry P-Head and The Two Headed P-Head are always beaten back by Anna using her laser eye powers.
- Catch Phrase: Sam yelling Scotty's name when he mucks about with the opening sequence. Also, Scotty responding with "You bellowed, Saaaaaaaaam?".
- Also Sam's signature laugh, "Hahahahahahahahah soi soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl rofl" and "Now cut that out."
- Anna (to any scary logo that threatens to shit on them): "Don't you get filthy with me."
- Mary (whenever Merrie Melodies pop up): "They're playing my song again."
- "Shush the Sheesh" is one (usually said by Sam or Dave) after someone (usually Scotty or Sam) says "Sheesh!"
- God: (after stopping the Devil and She-Devil) "Sore losers, yes. Prophets, no!"
- Christmas Episode: Episode 41. Episode 44 also counts to some extent as it was uploaded on Christmas Day.
- Commercial Pop-Up: Some commercial logos pop up in place of the WB Shield in some episodes, pushing Sam to the brink of yelling.
- Cool Shades: Dave always wears a pair of dark sunglasses.
- Cry Cute / Tender Tears: Anna cried at the end of Episode 45 and the start of Episode 46, after Sam's head exploded during his tantrum.
- In Episode 72, Sam also does this during Scotty and Beulah's wedding.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Sam sometimes tries to have a few of the characters hanged "for mutiny", over a small mistake. And in Episode 33, Sam chased after Scotty with a gun after he put in one too many commercial plugs. In Episode 49, he had Mike thrown in jail for perjury all because Mike denied being an asswipe. And in Episode 51, Sam nearly bludgeoned Scotty to death with a hammer after Scotty messed up one too many times.
- Episode 59 takes this to the extreme, when Sam not only takes Scotty hostage at gunpoint twice, but also summons the Devil and She-Devil to torment the others.
- Driven to Suicide: Scotty always threatens to kill himself when he's fired.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first episode portrays Mike as the director. Episode 2 onward portrays Sam as such.
- Also in earlier episodes, the shield is portrayed as having a personality. Later episodes simply have the shield operated by a shield guy.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The show focuses on all the things that could go wrong during production of an intro to a Looney Tunes cartoon.
- Eye Beams: As learned in Episode 28, Anna acquired this power after being abducted by aliens.
- The Devil and She-Devil have these as well, especially in Episode 70.
- The Faceless: Sam, Mike, Mary, Anna, Beulah, Abby, L&H Michael and L&H Michelle until Episode 19, Guy the Shield Guy until Episode 23, Jimmy and Hank until Episode 29, and Mr. Warner until Episode 64.
- Averted with Scotty, Dave, and Sidney, who didn't appear until Episodes 30, 33, and 58 respectively.
- Failure Is the Only Option: They only get the intro right every 28 episodes. This was lampshaded in Episode 84.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Sam describes being nailed to the WB shield as this in Episode 61. He even says this word for word.
- George Jetson Job Security: Sam fires and re-hires Scotty about every other episode for messing up the opening sequences. Though lately, he's lightened up somewhat on this.
- Groin Attack: Another running gag for this series.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Sam, big time. Mike and Mary also count to some extent, as other than Sam, they have thrown the most tantrums.
- Hypocritical Humor: Sam. He threatens to hang people for mutiny, yet he has committed mutiny by throwing Dave, the creator of the series, out of the studio in Episode 39 and 50, and firing Dave and trying to take over the studio in Episode 58, renaming from "Davemadson Productions, Inc." to "Microsoft Sam Productions, Inc." In the case of the latter, it took Mr. Warner threatening to nail Sam to the shield again to get Sam to back down.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Sam and Mike, to an extent. Jimmy and Hank are a more straightforward example.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In some episodes, The Devil and She-Devil attempts to defecate on Sam and friends for the umpteenth time, but this time, The Reverend Blue Jeans had given them crosses, causing the shit to bounce back onto the Devil and She-Devil, causing them to puke.
- In some episodes, Sam would sometimes throw Scotty out of the studio after firing him. In Episode 89, Scotty throws Sam out of the studio after being fired for the umpteenth time.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Sam's response to Anna in Episode 50 after he fires Scotty and throws Beulah out of the studio.
Anna: Sam, I'm surprised at you! First you throw Scotty out, then you threw Beulah out!
Sam: Forgive me, Anna, but it had to be done.
- In Episode 51, Anna zaps Sam with her Eye Beams after he nearly kills Scotty and then calls her a bitch. That's the last straw for her.
Sam (after being zapped): Who? What? What happened?
Anna (after zapping Sam): Sorry I had to do that, Sam, but you were starting to act like a control freak again.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Guy has a different skin tone than Scotty as well as a different voice.
- Insult Backfire: Any insult that Dave throws at the Devil and the She-Devil is treated as flattery to them.
- Jerk Ass: Sam, to the extreme, although nearly everyone else has had their moments too.
- Killed Off for Real: Guy in Episode 70.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Sam's tendency of firing people at the drop of a hat often leads to him being sued by the other staff members. For the record, he always loses (having to pay a hefty fine each time), sometimes lamenting that he should get a lawyer that will help him a case for once.
- And in Episode 56, after Mr. Warner learns that Sam fired Scotty yet again, he finally takes action and nails Sam to the WB Shield as he has been threatening to do for many episodes.
- Mr. Warner does it again in Episode 61, after Sam yells at Scotty again.
- Mistaken for Gay: Both L&H Michael and L&H Michelle. Up until Episode 31 or so, Sam hated them and once said that he was not put on the planet to tolerate "this gay boy and his lesbian sister". For the record, both of them are straight.
- Nice Hat: Dave and his Cardinals hat. L&H Michael and his red beret qualifies as well.
- Nobody Poops: Averted with the Devil and She-Devil, who defecate on Sam and friends as an act of defiance to God.
- Non Sequitur Thud: Sam in Episode 3 and Episode 35 after being mowed down by the V of Doom and Warner Bros. Shield, respectively.
Sam (in both examples): Did...you...get...the license...of...that...truck?
- Not So Above It All: Even Dave has thrown a few tantrums from time to time. And in Episode 46, where at some points, he starts yelling just like Sam does.
- And in Episode 60, Mr. Warner throws a tantrum himself upon learning that Sam's control freak tendencies may be incurable.
- Official Couples: There are 4 in this series. Sam/Anna, Mike/Mary, Scotty/Beulah, and Dave/Abby.
- Scotty and Beulah were married during Episode 72.
- Only Sane Man: Dave is probably the most level headed member of the cast, although Mr. Warner could give him a run for his money.
- Off Model: There are times when the characters tend to look different when drawn from the side or back (i.e. When Sam is viewed from the front, he appears to have a square head, but when viewed from the side, the rest of his head is rounded).
- One Head Taller: In some episodes, Anna is depicted as a head or so taller than Sam.
- One of Us: In-universe example. In Episode 47, it's revealed that the Devil and She-Devil are both fans of AC/DC. In fact, "Highway to Hell" has been the #1 song in their realm for 33 years. The Devil even goes on to say that Bon Scott is one of the star attractions in the Dante Lounge in his kingdom.
- Real life example. Dave is a Cardinals fan.
- Palette Swap: This is one of the ways you can tell Scotty (blue shirt and red pants) and Guy (red shirt and blue pants) apart.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "Take that" is one.
- Prima Donna Director: Sam, to the point of being a massive control freak. None more so than in episode 50, where he fires everyone in the studio.
- Race Lift: Officer Flanigan started out as an African American but Episode 49 onwards portray him as Caucasian.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Mr. Warner, who is really the only character other than Dave, who can cut Sam down to size.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Dave gives one to the Devil and She-Devil in Episode 40 after they once again barge into the studio.
Devil: We have a bone to pick with Microsoft Sam and his friends.
Sam: I don't have a dog, Mr. and Mrs. Mephistopheles, and you two hellhounds beat it.
You heard him! You're always barging in here, claiming Microsoft Sam and his friends committed some unspeakable wrong, which you never bother to mention because you keep whining about it being a violation of the rules of your realm, and acting like your laws are above God's laws. That proves how evil you really are!
- While not necessarily a proper example, Episode 50 qualifies because after Sam's injunction against the cast gets repealed, they call him out on his control freak tendencies.
Sam (to Anna): What brings you back here?
Anna: We won the lawsuit against you.
Dave: And we hope this teaches you not to be such a control freak, Sam.
Mike: Lucky we came back when we did.
Mary: We overheard you throwing a tantrum over the court decision.
Beulah: You should know you can't fight city hall.
Abby: But you can have a lot of fun trying.
L&H Michael: And why did you throw us out of here when we did nothing wrong?
L&H Michelle: It's bad enough that you acted like a control freak without trying to use the law for your own selfish gains.
- Running Gags: Sam firing and rehiring Scotty virtually every other episode, the cast members throwing tantrums, the Devil and She-Devil pooping on the characters, and from Episode 34 up until Episode 49, Dave suggesting that they have lunch or dinner at Chez Monyou, the French restaurant.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In Episode 62, Sam quits the studio after being fed up with the bloopers. He returns at the end of the episode, though.
- Second Act Break Up: In Episode 50, when Sam goes insane due to his control freak tendencies and fires everyone in the studio, Anna pleads that he loves him. But Sam then goes as far as to say that he doesn't love her anymore.
- Fortunately, they're back together by the end of the episode.
- Soap Punishment: What Sam gets when he say "Fuck you!" to his bosses.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Starting in Episode 30, Radar Overseer Scotty replaced Guy the Shield Guy, although the voice actor remained the same, and the only thing that really changed was the color of his clothes.
- Synthetic Voice Actor: With the exception of Dave, all of the characters. The voices are provided by Speakonia.
- Tantrum Throwing: Everyone in the cast has thrown at least 1 tantrum throughout the series. Sam seems to throw one in every video, and Mike and Mary aren't much better at keeping their cool.
- Tempting Fate: In Episode 35.
Anna: I wonder where the shield will go next.
(shield zooms in and crashes into Sam)
Sam: What else could come up? The Viacom V of Doom? Oh noes! I shouldn't have said that
(The V of Doom comes charging in and steamrolls Sam)
- Those Two Guys: Jimmy and Hank.
- Toilet Humour: Every time the Devil and the She-Devil appear, they threaten to as they say it "shit all over" the main characters, a lot of times they do it anyway. And every time, they do so, they make the characters vomit and then they are both taken to God's Country to literally have their asses cleaned.
- Although, sometimes their shit boomerangs and hits them instead, making them vomit.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Sam in recent episodes.
- Vanity Plate: Scary TV closing logos over the years (such as the Klasky Csupo robot and the 1997 Bravo UK logo) arrive in some episodes to scare Sam and capture him under orders from the Devil. Anna always defeats them in the end by using her laser vision.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Sam and Mike could count as this. Sam's always calling Mike an "asswipe", and Mike's always calling Sam a "son of a bitch". Deep down though, they are good friends.
- Wedding Episode: In Episode 72, Scotty and Beulah get married.
- What Does She See in Him?: With Sam's actions in recent episodes, it can make you wonder why Anna stills loves him.
- What the Hell, Hero?: God gives a brief one of these to Sam after he learns that he summoned the Devil and She-Devil.
Dave: Truth is, Sam coaxed them into coming here.
Sam: You stoolie, Dave!
God: For shame, Microsoft Sam! I should just let the Devil and She-Devil torment you for your actions here.
Devil: You see? Even the Almighty says Sam's actions are shameful.
- When He Smiles: Whenever Sam has a smile on his face, it is surprisingly cute. Extra points if he does his signature laugh with it.
- Your Head A Splode: There are some occasions in which somebody's head explodes while they are having a tantrum. For example, in episode 38, Scotty's head explodes when Sam tells him to shush the sheesh. It happened in a much more graphic way to Sam in episode 45 when everyone kept stealing his laugh line, even spewing blood.