is narrated Stick Figure Comic
videos, centering on a brother and sister in the fictional Southern town of Humbugg.
The series started as entries on various "self-help" websites, with "Opie" asking for advice in bizarre situations. Readers would suggest revenge tactics for "Opie", who would try them and then report back.
It is unknown whether the "Opie" of the website submissions is the same "Ophelia" of Lawn Justice.
Lawn Justice gradually evolved into a rather complex story
, the main characters eventually being: Ophelia, the narrator; her brother Oscar, his sociopath ex-girlfriend Shelly, and her wimpy new boyfriend Silas.
Lawn Justice posted its first series video to YouTube
in August 2013.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: If you're not watching Ophelia's Facebook page, you may be a bit confused why certain episodes are late, or why the Halloween debacle happened at all.
- Alpha Bitch: Shelly, as evidenced by the classic "two friends behind her" pose in the first episode.
- Anything That Moves: Shelly and Oscar met this way, apparently.
- Art Evolution: The professionalism of the art varies from episode to episode (and sometimes, within an episode). Ophelia's hair has changed several times throughout the series.
- Author Avatar: It's generally accepted that Ophelia, the narrator, is also the author of the series, but this has yet to be officially confirmed. The author plays with this in Episode 5. "This may not even be myyyy voooice..."
- Best Served Cold
- Big Screwed-Up Family: Every time a new member of Shelly or Ophelia's family is revealed, it gets a little more screwed up. And now that Shelly is pregnant, probably with Oscar's baby, which combines the two families it's going to get even worse.
- Binge Montage: Comes back to haunt Shelly.
- Blatant Lies: Probably the entire series, but it's still fun to watch.
- Crapsack World
- Creepy Child: Little Joel.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ophelia is the queen of this.
- Deep South
- Downer Ending: A few of the episodes have this.
- Dysfunction Junction
- Evil Gloating: Lately Ophelia has been guilty of this.
- Faceless Masses: All the characters are faceless, with only hairstyles (and accessories, and sometimes skirts) to tell them apart.
- Girlish Pigtails: Shelly's trademark style.
- Good Ol' Boy: Oscar.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The narrator is a voice actor who has been in video games and radio commercials.
- Kudzu Plot
- Life Embellished
- Nice Hat: Oscar's baseball cap.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Ophelia started out with good intentions, or at she claims she did...
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: Although the entire story may be fake.
- Only Sane Man: Ophelia.
- Plot Tumor: Oscar's disappearance has taken over the second season.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Supposedly.
- Sentimental Drunk: Ophelia spends an entire episode drunk and weepy.
- Southern-Fried Genius
- What the Hell, Hero?: Some viewers' response to Ophelia seemingly taunting a defeated Shelly from jail.
- Working Title: Lawn Justice was called "Unfriend" for a while, although this title seems to have disappeared.
- The Unintelligible: Shelly. However if you turn on "Closed Captioning" during her rantings, it provides a handy "Shelly-ese to English" translation.