Katie "Kitty Marie
" Dunne is a well-known fan of That Guy with the Glasses
. The self-proclaimed "queen of the fangirls", Katie also has her own video series, Kitty Marie's Randomoscity
, in which she posts, in her words, "whatever the hell I want, mostly fangirl junk." She's mostly known for being a passionate fan of JewWario
Recently, Katie has turned more to text reviews, in particular a blog
where she reviews each episode of Full House
Her videos can be found here
, and her Twitter is here
. She also has a Tumblr, which can be viewed and followed here
This show contains the following Tropes:
- Actor Allusion: Anytime David Bowie is mentioned, there must be a Labyrinth reference, usually followed by a Suburban Knights reference.
- Affectionate Nickname: "KittyMarie" itself. On a July 2011 livestream, JW accidentally mispronounced Katie's name as Kitty, and it ended up sticking.
- Even Katie—her "true" name—is a nickname. Her real first name is Kathleen.
- Ascended Fangirl: Not fully ascended, but she does claim several TGWTG contributors as friends, appears in crowd scenes in three of Doug Walker's videos, and was mentioned in an interview done with JW at MAGFest:
Interviewer: Would you have ever thought that your portrayal of Jareth would become a heartthrob to maybe, possibly, hundreds?
Justin: I....just thought it was Katie Marie.
- She has become well-known in the TGWTG fandom for the massive hug she shared with Doug Walker at UConn in 2011.
- Author Appeal: Jew Wario, of course. Particularly when he's wearing his Jareth costume.
- Badass Adorable: At MAGFest X, Katie participated in a Nerf war organized by MarzGurl and Linkara while wearing a full-blown Jareth costume,◊ complete with a wig and high-heeled boots. You can't say that's not awesome.
- Cameo: In The Rosenhacker and Mr. Mendo's crossover of The Help.
- Catch Phrase: Not quite a full-blown example, but Katie has a habit of explaining her "fangirly ways" with the phrase "I'm not normal."
- Cat Girl: Wears cat ears in her videos, and occasionally a tail when she's cosplaying. She's also friends with Psykoneko, whom she calls "the kitty-girl queen", with Sam referring to Katie as the princess.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Katie uses a home-movie clip of herself at the age of three singing the score to A Charlie Brown Christmas to illustrate the album's role in her childhood during her Christmas Songs/Albums video.
- Distracted by the Sexy: In her Channel Awesome Year 4 Retrospective video, she splices herself into the scene from JW's Labyrinth review where the Channel Awesome girls fawn over Jareth.
Katie: I've always wanted to be in that scene!
- Fainting: She states in the Year 4 Retrospective (and is partially backed up with footage) that she "fell flat on the floor" upon seeing Justin in person for the first time, though she is adamant in her claim that she did not faint, she swooned. According to her, if she had truly fainted, she would have been out for longer than she actually was.
Georgia (Katie's friend): You! Fainted!
I've never seen anyone faint before, except in the movies. (From this vlog
- Fangirl: And how. She absolutely adores Jew Wario, and is a huge fan of mostly every other Channel Awesome personality. She's also quite partial to Justin Bartha of National Treasure fame.
- She's also an insane Taylor Swift fan, and even runs a Tumblr blog devoted to Taylor. She also included Taylor's Christmas album in the #4 spot in her Christmas Songs/Albums video.
- Don't get her started on talking about Prince William and Duchess Kate Middleton. She will not shut up. She often refers to Kate as her female idol.
- Female Gaze: If she makes a Suburban Knights reference, you can bet it'll end up with her staring longingly at Jareth!JW.
- I'm Your Biggest Fan: Well, obviously.
- Nice Hat: Her trademark hat she wears (if she's not already wearing cat ears) is inspired by Jew Wario's hat, but with a pink K on the front and two pink kitty ears on top.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: In her Top 12 Favorite Christmas Songs/Albums video, she points out that yes, a David Bowie/Bing Crosby Christmas song "actually exists".
- Older Than They Look: She turned 20 on June 15, 2012, but she legitimately looks to be in her mid-teens.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: To some extent. Within her videos and the fandom, "Kitty Marie" is more prevalent, yet Katie does often use her real name.
- Upon meeting Katie at MAG Fest 2012 after months of Twitter conversations between the two, Linkara seemed to think this trope was true for her all the time, so much so that he believed Marie was her first name and she had just added the Kitty herself. Katie had to set him straight.
- Pink Means Feminine: Well, it's her favorite color, so wouldn't it make sense that most of her cosplay wardrobe is pink?
- Shout-Out: Kitty Marie's Channel Awesome Anniversary videos.
- She also namedrops Lite 100.5, a local Hartford, CT radio station, in her Christmas Songs/Albums video, for their penchant for playing Jingle Bell Rock during their holiday repertoire.
- Squee: She does this a lot. Usual causes include, of course, any mention of JW or the playing of a Taylor Swift song.
- Stunned Silence: Also in her Christmas Songs/Albums video, she does this upon realizing that Yoko Ono has an actual singing part in Happy Xmas (War Is Over).
Katie (after silence): You've gotta be kidding me.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: While discussing the John Denver/Muppets version of 12 Days Of Christmas in her Christmas Songs/Albums video, she is quick to claim that she doesn't dance around work singing Rocky Mountain High.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: She claims in her aforementioned profile of Happy Xmas (War Is Over) that Yoko Ono sounds like "a cat in heat".