Web Video / JulianSmith.tv
He took this picture for you.
"I MADE THIS FOR YOU!!"
is a series of videos made by Youtuber
Julian Smith. He produces humorous sketches and songs. Some of his videos may or may not make sense
, but that's all part of the fun.
Find it here.
JulianSmith.tv provides examples of:
- A Boy and His X: Akbar is the heartwarming tale of a boy and his corn.
- Abusive Parents: Julian's mustached dad character. Played for dark laughs.
- Affably Evil: It's hard not to like Gabrielle, despite his attempts to kill Julian. He even attempts to reconcile with Julian at one point, and is noticeably less hostile towards him in Kidnapped: Series 2.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Jeffry. One advertiser asks if he's retarded, but both Julian and Jeffry insist his behavior is because he ate a jellyfish.
- Axe-Crazy: Gabrielle claims he once killed Babushka for eating balogna. Mr Timn also comes across as this sometimes.
- Big Eater: Jeffery. Or so he thinks.
Rhett: So if Link gets two waffles, and I get two waffles, that still leaves eight waffles for you.
Jeffery: I don't want eight waffles! I want twelve! I just want twelve of them!
Rhett: If you can seriously eat all those waffles, I will personally drive you to the store to buy some more.
- Black Comedy: Many of his videos, including What Happened to Chris, where Josh finds Chris' corpse on Julian's couch.
Julian: Okay. Chris is dead now.
Julian: He died like an hour ago?
Josh: Why are you watching a movie!?
Julian: Oh come on Josh, I put that movie on before he died.
Josh: There's a dead guy on your couch, Julian!
Julian: I think Chris would have wanted me to finish this movie before disposing of his corpse.
- Berserk Button: Don't ever interrupt him while he's reading a book.
- Brick Joke: The box from You in Five Minutes" becomes an important plot point in Kidnapped: Series 2.
- CAMP Straight: Julian's character in Eat Randy.
- Casting Gag: Wheezy Waiter appears as a waiter in Eat Randy.
- Cats Are Superior: In Beached Whale, Julian finally stands up to his cat, Scout. Unfortunately, Scout doesn't seem to care all that much.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Jeffrey. In his defense, he ate a jellyfish.
- Mr. Timn, who science seems to have no explanation for.
- Randy. Why is he so happy about being eaten?
- Coconut Superpowers: Played with. King Arthur and Sir Henry ride stick ponies.
- Comically Missing the Point: "I put the movie on before he died!"
- Cool Old Lady: Julian's Grandma.
- Darker and Edgier: Kidnapped: Series 2 is considerably darker in tone than Series 1. There's even one completely humorless episode (Execute. See Wham Episode below) that ends with Julian being drowned. The regular skits have also have got Darker and Edgier from that point on, the most notable example being Video Games & Violence.
- Dead Baby Comedy: The aforementioned Video Games & Violence video.
- Driven to Suicide: Everyone in Malk. Or not. It was just a Show Within a Show.
- Earworm: Any song he writes really. Especially if Jeffery sings it.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Kill you!
- Fattening the Victim: Happens in a montage during "Eat Randy" where Randy's face is forcibly stuffed by the singer
- Friendly Enemy: How Gabrielle sees his relationship with Julian. Julian sees things a little differently.
- Fridge Horror: In-universe, at the end of "What Happened to Chris".
- Funny Foreigner: Gabrielle.
- Hatedom: In-universe. Gabrielle says that his employer holds weekly "Dislike parties", where they all join together to "Dislike" Julian's videos.
- Help Yourself In The Past: Played with in You in Five Minutes, where Julian five minutes from now, Julian from thirty minutes from now, and Julian in an hour all show up to get The Box. It's empty.
- Husky Russkie: Gabrielle.
- Hypocritical Humor: Several times examples include:
- I Am A Humanitarian: Eat Randy is all about this. Presumably.
- Informal Eulogy: Chris' eulogy.
Josh: Alright Chris. I'm no good at eulogies. And there's not anybody here to impress, so I don't really feel that obligated to say anything at all, actually.
- It Is Pronounced Milk: Not Malk, and certainly not Mulk.
- Kill 'em All: ...and then, we pull the trigger. All of us.
- Large Ham: Every character Julian plays. And everybody in Pre-Blessed Food (Especially Julian).
- Man Behind the Man: Mr Timn turns out to be this to Gabrielle.
- Mind Screw: You in five minutes, as well as the Kidnapped: Series 2 finale.
- "Jellyfish", but it turned out to be the introduction of Jeffery.
- Eat Randy qualifies for this.
- Morton's Fork: Rock Beats Scissors
Julian: Okay, then play me in rock paper scissors and if you beat me, you don't have to play.
- Motor Mouth: Mr. Timn.
Mr. Timn: Ever wonder why a candy castle's made out of ice cream instead of candy?
Toby: Not really...
Mr. Timn: Me neither. But now I really wanna know what they're up to in there.
Narrator: Toby could barely keep up. Mr. Timn spoke a hundred miles an hour.
- Mood Whiplash: The end of I'm Reading a Book.
- As well as Malk, TWICE.
- The ending of Video Games and Violence brings it Up to 11.
- My Nayme Is: Mr Tim-nnn!
- Negative Continuity: The shorts used to have a continuity during the earlier days, but lately it's fallen into this realm. Not that that's a bad thing.
- Non-Indicative Title: Mr Timn never actually goes to Candy Land (As far as we know). And he's not the Milkman.
- Another example is Beached Whale which consists of Julian talking to his cat. It Makes Sense In Context, though.
- Overly Long Gag: ''Julian Smith & Travis Legg Watch Julian Smith''. For those who don't have the time and attention span to watch the whole thing through, it is an apparently uncut video of Julian and Travis watching every pre-existing Julian Smith video! Including commercials!
- Political Correctness Gone Mad / Everything Is Racist: Racist Coffee
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Brother. Please. Drink. My. Hot Kool Aid.
- "POUR! ME! A GLASS! OF MALK!!"
- Random Events Plot: Even in the days when there was a continuity, it was still pretty much this.
- Retraux: "Eat Randy" has VHS artifacts like screen flicker, a distorted bar at the bottom, and "Tracking" and "Hi-Fi" indicators at the beginning. It's also in the style of a 90s music video.
- The Reveal: In the finale of Kidnapped: Series 2, we finally get to see the man behind Gabrielle: It's none other than Mr. Timn!
- Serious Business: A LOT.
- Soprano and Gravel: "Reading a Book."
- Spell My Name With An N: Mr. Timn.
- Spin-Off: It's quiet. BUT NOT AT JEFFERY'S HOUSE!!
- The Stinger: Be sure to watch to the end of the credits of the Kidnapped: Series 2 finale.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: Too Late N00b to Granny Games.
- Take That!: uMove to the Xbox Kinect. I boasts no controller, no disks, and no console. For the low, low price of $599.99.
- Talking To Yourself: Julian often plays multiple characters in the same video. In You in Five minutes he plays three of himself!
- They Call Me Mister Timn
- They Killed Kenny: All of the Mr Timn skits end with him being fatally hit by a car.
- Token Minority: Donnivin.
- Too Dumb to Live: Donnivin's character in Handbag.
- Two Decades Behind: Played for Laughs with Car Phone.
- Wham Episode: Execute!
- Wham Line: From the above episode:
Gabrielle: Julian Smith is dead.