Web Video: Internet Story
''I've been alone so long.
But you'll find me now.''A fast-paced and experimental film told through fragments of internet videos, animations, blogs and news articles.A series of shocking events unfolds when a young man creates a public treasure hunt for his own amusement and a video blogger decides to pursue the riddles across country.Written and Directed by Adam Butcher in 2010, the short film can be found at this website.
This story contains examples of:
- Accidental Murder - Possibly. Although when you consider that the main clue to the treasure was an old Chaucer tale which features the main characters killing each other over a treasure, you have to wonder just how accidental Fortress' death was.
- Asshole Victim - Fortress was definitely a homophobe and didn't come across in any of his videos as a nice guy.
- Based on a True Story - It's not. But it's so plausible and so convincingly presented that many viewers think it is.
- Chekhov's Gun - Fortress' penknife, which he uses to open the yellow box and may have been used to stab him or Al1.
- Death by Materialism
- Fore Shadowing - “It’s also the story of a treasure map... and a murder.”
- A MacGuffin Full of Money
- Treasure Map