''I've been alone so long.
But you'll find me now.''
A fast-paced and experimental film told through fragments of internet videos, animations, blogs and news articles.
A series of shocking events unfolds when a young man creates a public treasure hunt for his own amusement and a video blogger decides to pursue the riddles across country.
Written and Directed by Adam Butcher in 2010, the short film can be found at this website
This story contains examples of:
- Accidental Murder - Possibly. Although when you consider that the main clue to the treasure was an old Chaucer tale which features the main characters killing each other over a treasure, you have to wonder just how accidental Fortress' death was.
- Asshole Victim - Fortress was definitely a homophobe and didn't come across in any of his videos as a nice guy.
- Based on a True Story - It's not. But it's so plausible and so convincingly presented that many viewers think it is.
- Chekhov's Gun - Fortress' penknife, which he uses to open the yellow box and may have been used to stab him or Al1.
- Death by Materialism
- A MacGuffin Full of Money
- Treasure Map