"Don't worry Hanyuu. If re-living the same events over and over again has taught me anything, is that we will all be dead by the end of the week. Nipah!"Higurashi Parody Fandub
— Rika Furude to Hanyuu, on episode 6, "Hau"
is something of an Abridged Series
user Nyodude (now ZeroQDimension
, because his previous account was deleted). The series parodies Higurashi: When They Cry
. Unlike many other Abridged Series
, this doesn't directly follow the series it parodies, preferring to have fun with the characters. Because Nyodude's account was deleted, you'll have to search YouTube if you want to see all the episodes. For now, you can use this
playlist to get the episodes, or find them all on his blog
It is complete at 20 episodes, and Nyodude is currently working on Umineko Parody Fandub
, although an Episode 21 based on the first Higurashi Kira OVA was released. Be warned, this page contains spoilers for the series proper.
- The Abridged Series: Of Higurashi: When They Cry.
- Ambiguously Gay: Satoshi ranges between this and Transparent Closet.
- Ax-Crazy: Shion
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Catch Phrase: In spades. Certain characters have more than one.
- Shion: I HATE FLOORS!
- Blast! My dreams of [insert subject here] has been shattered.
- Kiss my ass, bitch! Keiichi is running away!
- Nii-pah, motherf*cker.
- If reliving the same events over and over has taught me anything, it's that [insert something about how everyone will die here].
- Rena: (when the subject of Teppei is brought up) Who?
- Irie: I have a lollipop for you! ...It's in my pants.
- Det. Ooishi: I'm far too busy being delicious.
- Takano: Ha ha ha! I shall use (insert subject of the episode) to become God... somehow! ...Because I'm still a villain!
- Cluster F-Bomb: Rika drops one when Irie tells her that she can't receive a breast enlargement, since she is too young and must remain the flattest female character in the show. According to Keiichi, Rika was also diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome.
- Hau Chicka Hau Hau: Hanyuu says this when the principal announces he and Chie are going to his office to have sex instead of saving Satoko from Teppei.
- Idiot Hero: Keiichi
- Innocent Innuendo: At first.
Satoshi: I've been hanging out with Keiichi!
Keiichi: I took him to the men's bathhouse!
Keiichi: It was scheduled for demolition and Satoshi wanted to watch.
Satoshi: I like explosions.
Keiichi: And then we went back to my place and made out...
Keiichi: ...As many Magic Eye puzzles as we could!
Satoshi: I could only make out one, but Keiichi could make out all of them.
Keiichi: And then Satoshi got poked in the butt!
Keiichi: He sat on a rusty nail and I had to take him to the hospital!
Satoshi: Dr. Irie gave me an injection.
Shion: You got a needle?
Dr. Irie: Whoo!
- Larynx Dissonance: Nyodude does all the voices himself. Played straight with Shmion, Takano, Chie, Rina, Oryou, Rika (in her adult voice) and Yukie, averted with Rena, Satoko and Rika's child voice, but only because he uses a pitch modifier.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Hilariously subverted with Keiichi. At one point in the Halloween special, Mion actually tries to use him as a Virgin Sacrifice. And in the fifth episode, Keiichi hopes this will be played straight, only for Rena to sentence him to A Date with Rosie Palms.
- Name McAdjective: Takano's nickname is "Blondie McBitchface".
- Obviously Evil: Takano
- Overly-Long Gag: Mion's Boobs
- Running Gag: People getting Shion and Mion mixed up.
- The reason Satoshi was missing was that he was in jail for dropping a screw in the tuna.
- Keiichi sings the 1966 Batman theme song in the first episode. This gets him in trouble for copyright infringement.
- The entire cast partakes in an Irish Drinking Song at the end of one episode.
- The theme for Keiichi's Chibi Angel Bottom is awfully familiar...
- School Days is mentioned in two episodes.
- In one of the episodes, a song from the first The Land Before Time sequel can be heard.
- Ryuk was Hanyuu's roommate during her days at Apparition University.
- Sex Sells: Rika sums her idea to make the Fandub more popular up with "Mion's boobs" (while fondling said boobs).
- Sir Swearsalot: Teppei.
- Sound Effect Bleep: All instances of "fuck" are censored. It gets quite ear-grating (and funny) when Rika drops a Cluster F-Bomb.
- Tourettes Shitcock Syndrome: Rika in one episode.
- Yandere This shouldn't be a surprise, due to the series it is based on.