Web Video: Heart Of Gaming
Heart of Gaming was a show hosted by Leon Thomas which is hosted on That Guy with the Glasses. The show has a very unique style of using old Stock Footage, usually from films in the Public Domain. This footage is narrated over by the host, who talks about whatever game is featured on the show, or concerns on gamer culture. The show ended in July 2012 with its 70th episode.On July 15, 2014, Leon removed the show from the Internet, as he felt uncomfortable with some of its content.
This show provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Sherise, from 'The Store.'
- All Men Are Perverts: Pretty much all of 'Love.'
- Berserk Button: "Heavy Rain"
- Black Comedy
- Black Comedy Rape: Some of the things he says.
- The Cameo: The Cinema Snob and Guru Larry And Wez in 'Cards'.
- Closing Credits: "Until we meet again".
- Cluster F-Bomb: In 'Love' when he starts to talk about "fucking around".
- Don't Explain the Joke: Leon has to do this to his kidnapped assistant in 'Behind the Scenes.' He's not pleased.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: Leon does this in 'Love'.
- Enfant Terrible: Young Leon is shown to have been this in 'Cards.'
- Friendship Moment: Discussed at length with Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other in 'Empty.'
- Hostage Situation: Leon kidnapped some random man on April Fool's day and forces him to help with filming.
- Hypocritical Humor: Spends most of 'Love' mocking relationships and stability but admits at the end that he wouldn't mind being in one.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Every now and then, Leon (the character) pushes his sociopathy aside and shows some genuine humanity.
- Karma Meter: He is not fond of Black and White Morality.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Leon has removed the show from Blip.
- Pyro Maniac Referenced in 'Cards'.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Take That: All of "White Supremacists Are Ugly" for obvious reasons.
- Unstoppable Rage: Sherise in 'The Store.'
- Very Special Episode: 'Cards'.
- Word Of God: The title of the show is a Tom Waits reference, not a nickname for the character Leon Thomas.