Web Video: Gundam Abridged
Just as there are quite a few official Gundam
series, there are quite a few Abridged Series
based on them.
Although it only had a few episodes, the series was popular in the abridging community, and the announcer had even became a shared running gag. It was also notable for its extensive use of background music. It was confirmed as officially canceled in a video posted by IDLIT, although the video was taken down very soon after it was aired. It was declared dead in MSG Abridged Episode 15, when Cheesemanjoe, G Gundam Abridged's creator, guest starred. It couldn't have asked for a more fitting send off. -sniff-
This show provides examples of:
- Brown Note : Schwartz Brude...
- Fetish: Possibly. Domon really seems to like it when his suit is put on.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Domon refuses to see that the Rose Gundam pilot is a guy.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "Sir, the Shining Gundam is... shining."
- Noodle Incident: Apparently the reason Domon left Neo Japan and is afraid/abusive of Rain was because she made an advance on him as a child.
- There's also the reason Domon hates baguette...
- Only Six Faces: "Damn it! They both look identical! Stupid cheap animators!"
- Running Gag (The Announcer)
- Also the sounds of Domon snapping his fingers when he says, "Rise Shining Gundam", in episode 5, he snapped his fingers and the sound accompanied with it was Goku from Dragonball, saying, "Taiyo-ken!!"
- Selective Obliviousness: Nothing can convince Domon that George is a man. Nothing.
- Shout-Out: To Berserk Abridged, BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Naruto, Medabots, Dragonball Z, and World of Warcraft.
- Theme Music Powerup: Happens nearly Once an Episode, including such things as "Chicks Dig Giant Robots" and "American Idiot".
Created several years ago, Gundam Wing Abridged follows the misadventures of the Gundam pilots as they deal with Ho Yay
, Alternate Character Interpretation
, and Lampshade Hanging
galore. Has its own website now (which is nice, since YouTube
suspended his account for copyvio) and and over twenty episodes, and making it one of the Long Runners
of the abridged arena.
This show provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirerer: Quatre for Trowa and Tubarov for Lady Une.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Oh so much.
- Brick Joke: "That't the biggest cannon I've ever seen!"
- Captain Obvious: "That's Sergeant Obvous, Sir."
- Department of Redundancy Department
- Emo Teen: Trowa nonstop. Wu Fei has shades of this.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Zechs is the target of this from Otto and other random Mooks.
- Fail O'Suckyname: Zech's real name gets laughed at.
- More Dakka: In universe example: Alex and Mueller reveal to Zechs that they plan on taking over the series, kill off every character but them selves and Wu Fei, and add in more rediculously powered Gundums... with more lasers.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: An odd case. Heero, Wu Fei and Lady Une all have British accents, but most of the other characters don't. Speaking of American accent's this sometimes crosses over into
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping
- One Steve Limit: Hilariously subverted. Treize calls EVERYONE Zechs.
- Psychic Link: Subverted. Lady Une thinks she has one of these with Treize for a bit and that he's using it to tell her to free the Gundam pilots because Romafeller bites now. It turns out it was just her imagination, but it tells her to go through with it anyway because "I'm Treeeeiiiiize Khusrenaaaaaadaaaaaa." (Except he's not.)
- Running Gag (or Run Away Gag 'Fire the Lasers!')
- Stay in the Kitchen: Wu Fei, naturally.
- Stalker with a Crush: Relena for Heero and Noin for Milliardo/Zechs.
- The Caligula: Duke Dermail, who hired a group of men to stand around in colorful coats just to agree with everything he says, thinks that any goldfish not actually made of gold should be ethnically cleansed and cannot seem to grasp that no, Treize is NOT in fact supportive of the Mibile Doll program, despite constantly being told so.
- The Stinger: Primarily during the earlier episodes, including the infamous No machinegun for him line.
- The Stoner: Howard
- Vocal Evolution: Most noticable with Treize who goes from having something more similar to his original voice to having a higher, slightly more Totally Radical voice.