Fear of Girls
is a Web Video
series produced by Andy Hunt and Ryan Wood, and written by Ryan Wood. It stars Tom Lommel as Doug Douglasson and Scott Jorgenson as Raymond Ractburger. Doug and Raymond are a pair of nerds who play a Dungeons & Dragons
-esque game. The two are socially inept with everyone except each other. The videos are about their misadventures in playing the game with each other.
There are a total of three episodes thus far. The first introduces the viewers to Doug and Raymond, as well as Ian, Doug's older brother (who Doug appears to live with) and his wife, Mary Anne. The second details Doug and Raymond's attempts to get three girls to play in their game, and the third is about Doug and Raymond's attempts to get enough funding to sell the roleplaying game they made.
The videos can be found in the following link: http://www.youtube.com/user/FearofGirls
Tropes that apply to Fear of Girls
- A God Am I: Raymond's character, "Krunk", becomes a god for a short while in one of the outtakes.
- Defictionalization: "The Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demon Whore" was released as a real Dungeons and Dragons module.
- The Fundamentalist: Mary Anne is this to a T.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Doug and Raymond call themselves "Oath-Sworn PLPs" (Platonic Life Partners).
- Jabba Table Manners: Doug in an outtake: "Do Druids eat babies?"
- Jerkass: Doug in the second episode, also his brother in some of the outtakes. Mary Anne is probably the biggest Jerkass in all of the videos.
- Jerk Jock: Doug and Raymond were tormented by these in High School.
- Nerd: Doug and Raymond
- Serious Business: How Doug and Raymond treat the RPG they play.