Web Video: Emma Blackery
Emma Blackery, also known as emmablackery, is a twentysomething YouTuber from Essex, England.She originally posted a series of videos of herself reading the well-known erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey. However, due to copyright reasons she had to remove those videos and decided to switch to vlogging instead. Her YouTube channel currently has over 900,000 subscribers (many of which had stuck around since her early fifty-shades videos). She's well-known for self empowerment anthems like "The Promise" and "Perfect", shaving off her hair for charity, and balancing self-deprecating comedy along with actual advice.She's in a relationship with another fellow youtuber, Luke Cutforth, and they appear regularly in each other's videos.In addition to her main channel, she also holds two side channels called birdyboots (gaming related) and boxes of foxes (lifestyle and advice).
Tropes that apply to Emma Blackery:
- Adorkable: A good percentage of the time, especially when she's fangirling over LUSH products.
- Berserk Button: She does NOT look like Cher Lloyd, okay?
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Emma gets really drunk on wine, as revealed in ''Awkward Sexy Teenage Moments''.
- Cluster F-Bomb: She does this a lot. Often unintentionally.
- Cross Over: With NerdCubed when they played WWE 13. They have a series together on his channel: Demma Plays.
- Embarrassing Old Photo: This video.
- Emo Teen: Her teenage years were highlighted in ''One Of The Boys''.
- Everyone Can See It: Both she and Luke invoked this after they announced they were a couple, saying it was pretty obvious from all the crossover videos (including a "boyfriend does my make-up" episode) that they'd been together for a while.
- Gamer Chick
- I Am Not Pretty: She believes that she isn't attractive, despite what her fans tell her.
- Official Couple: Her & Luke - the internet exploded with a huge amount of squee when they confirmed they were together.
- Self Empowerment Anthem: "Perfect"
- Silly Love Songs: "Go The Distance."
- That Came Out Wrong
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Woman Child:
- Yandere: Parodied in How to Become a Fangirl...and put that knife down, young lady; their girlfriends are simply lucky.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Fear The Future.And I want you to remember this, when you put yourself down, I cannot fear my future now that I have you around.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: For a long time she kept on changing her hair color; pink, purple, red, blue, the list goes on. Then she shaved it off for charity, and after wearing a couple of wigs to boost her self confidence (as her hair is a big part of her life), kept it to a natural brown, then bleached it blonde.