Web Video: Denpa Teki The Abridged Movie
aka: Denpa Tekithe Abridged Movie
was supposed to be for yandere anime tropes what Scream
was to Slasher movies"Denpa Teki the Abridged Movie
was a four episode miniseries based upon the anime OVA series Denpa Teki na Kanojo
created by Brooks101189. Released in 2010, Denpa Teki
served as a satire of the various yandere
anime series that had been released recently.
A sequel season under the working title of The Crying Game
was at one point in development. Unfortunately there was an incident on Blip regarding the first four episodes so the creator decided to cancel the reupload and sequel series.
- Abridged Series
- Adaptation Distillation/ Pragmatic Adaptation: A majority of the miniseries changes the story and character relations.
- Affectionate Parody: Of yandere anime and the murder mystery genre in particular.
- Author Appeal: The creator is a huge fan of yandere-related anime and manga, including School Days, Mirai Nikki, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. This was his way to show his love to the genre, by lampooning the hell out of it.
- Big Damn Heroes - Ame
- Black Comedy - The first series (as well as the second series' scripts)are dripping with this.
- Cliff Hanger - The ending of Part II.
- Darker and Edgier - Despite its satirical nature, the miniseries was intended to be this towards abridged series.
- Deadpan Snarker - Ame has her moments.
- Easy Sex Change: The villain in the sequel would have undergone this to be with their lover
- Expy - Miya is obviously an expy of a certain . . . .cute-and-psycho character. . .
- Evil Gloating
- Evil Laugh - They're yanderes, what do you expect?
- Heroic Sacrifice - Juu pushes Ame out of the way of Miya's boxcutter. In the end, he lives
- Jump Scare - Ame does this to Juu several times. Played for Laughs.
- Lampshade Hanging - The Abridged Movie is mostly a Lampshade Hanging of yandere anime like Higurashi and School Days. The Abridged Movie goes so far as to even reference these anime.
- It may or may not be obvious who the real villain of the first OVA is.
- Lighter and Softer: The planned sequel season would have been more comedic than the previous episodes.
- Montages - There are several musical montages sprinkled throughout the movie.
- My God, What Have I Done? - Miya undergoes this after stabbing Juu before being tased by Ame.
- Our Yanderes Are Different
- While the film's yanderes are portrayed like one expects a yandere to be, there are some noticeable changes
- There are "good" and "bad" yanderes
- "Bad" yanderes, or the ones that go crazy and kill people, are considered rogue
- There is a secret government agency of yanderes known as L5.
- Precision F-Strike: In the original script, the sole use of the word "fuck" would have been issued by Miya during her villainous speech, but was removed due to the voice actress' then-hesitance to swear strongly.
- Old Shame - Over time, the creator has disowned the miniseries, due to not being satisfied with the end result.
- Satire The first OVA is an Affectionate Parody Satire on the Yandere and murder mystery genres.
- Sequel Hook - A script based on the second OVA to be used for a second season was developed but never produced.
- Shout-Out - Tons
- The Dragon - Miya's brother is one to Miya.
- The Reveal - In the first film Miya is the true killer.
- The Stinger - Originally, in the sequel series script, the ending would have led up to a season based on a potential third episode. When the studio that animated the episodes decided not to do a third, the ending was rewritten slightly and after the end credits would have included a scene where Miya would have escaped from prison and Juu would have been implied to be killed by her.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In the abridging of the first OVA, Miya's brother is in prison. Miya herself is also in prison.
- In the earliest draft of the script Juu speaks about the fate of his parents His parents were murdered in a house break-in two years prior which would explain why Juu is as he is. It is merely implied that his parents died in the final product. A much earlier script would have also connected Miya and her brother to the deaths of his parents. These were dropped due to the creator believing that he had made the first season as farfetched enough as it was.
- Yandere - Pretty much any of the female characters mentioned by names are one but each varies in how much of a yandere they are