An early abridged series
Soichiro: We caught Kira!
NPA Investigation Team: GASP!
Soichiro: Oh, my mistake. What I meant to say was, we haven't caught Kira.
pre-dating even Team Dattebayo. Sadly, it was not only cancelled, but the videos were removed. The link above actually goes to the first of a two-video compilation a fan put together of what they perceive to be the best scenes. (In addition the full first two episodes can be watched here
The concept of this series was mainly the same as the original manga and anime...except that Light was notably...less intelligent, although considering that everybody else was also dumbed down, that really didn't increase his chances of getting caught.
This work provides examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Ryuk
- Audience Murmurs
- Bad Liar: Light to the point where he blurts out the fact that he's Kira to his father. His father being the way he is promptly forgets about it.
- Big Brother Attraction: Sayu, who isn't particularly subtle about it. In episode 2 she flat-out tells Light she wants him inside her; later she asks Soichiro to let her and Light marry.
- Big "NO!"
- Blah Blah Blah
- But Wait, There's More!
- Catch Phrase: When life gives you Death Note, make justice!
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Chief Yagami
Chief Yagami: We're splitting into teams of two to get to L
Chief Yagami: Because...it only takes two...to tango.
- Creepy Teen: The reason why the dropped Death Note grabbed Light's attention is that he initially mistook it for a dead bird and hoped that he would have a corpse to... do something with.
Light: Yes! It's corpse time!
- Crossdressing Voices
- Crying Wolf
- Disproportionate Retribution: Light mainly wants to kill Raye because he doesn't like his theme music.
- Emo Kid: "CRRRAAAWWWWWWLLLIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG INNNNNNN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!
- Even Evil Has Standards: Ryuk was disturbed after seeing what Light's favourite kind of porn was in episode 2.
Makes about as much sense as playing tennis with your eternal rival.
- Subverted due to this series ending before getting to the tennis scene.
- Genki Shinigami
- Hidden Depths: Turns out that novel Ryuk caught Light reading when they first met was written by Raye Penber.
- Inspector Javert: Aizawa. He won't rest until he's caught the Masked baron!
- Jerk Ass: L
- Keep Circulating the Tapes
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All
- Loud of War: "Hey Light, did you know this song has a dance mix?"
- Married to the Job: "Soc-ia-l life?"
- Men Don't Cry: Ryuk's opinion.
- Most Definitely Not a Villain
- My God, What Have I Done?: Light after he kills Raye
- Not So Different: Light and Raye
- Pokémon Speak: "Mogi Mogi Mogi Mogi Mogi Mogi Mogi Mogi Mogi Mogi"
- Shipper on Deck: Ryuk thinks that Light and Sayu would make a good couple.
- Shout Out: Believe It!
- Skewed Priorities: Forget about Kira! Some sicko suggested that everyone in the Interpol meeting all have pumpkin pie for desert!
- Small Name, Big Ego: Light
- Just for clairification sake, Light's plan to hide the death note consists of a lock. No rigged trap to destroy the evidence; just...a lock. He's especially proud of his trap because he had to go all the way to Home Depot just to get the parts (it's a huge store; he got lost) and then had to put it together via manual labor.
Ryuk: Errr... The key is still in it.
Light: That's the genius of it, Ryuk!
Light: I know, I know. I'm good.
- Take That: to The Police
- Took a Level in Dumbass: everyone!
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Raye toward Naomi. Basically, the writers took his Stay in the Kitchen attitude from the original and ran with it.