We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Web Video: Dangan Ronpa The Misrepresentation
Pretty accurate, really.
Monokuma: And no, this is not another Windows Movie Maker slapjob from hell. Dangan Ronpa: The Misrepresentation
(or "DRTM") is a not quite so Abridged Series
of the Dangan Ronpa
Anime adaptation, created by Silentlyvocal & Recorderdude of Sonic Paradox, with many other members of the community being present on the cast. Only a promo video, a crossover and Christmas Special are currently out, but it's definitely worth checking out. Just like the regular Dangan Ronpa page, there will be unmarked spoilers within, so be careful.
This series provides examples of:
- Actually Pretty Funny: Naegi seems to think Leon's joke is hilarious.
- Affably Evil: Monokuma, arguably.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Maizono seemingly does this in the promo.
- An Ass-Kicking Christmas: Well if Monokuma can blow up an entire academy during the Holidays, imagine what else he can do.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Monokuma when he learns about the potential despair around the concept of Santa Claus.
Monokuma: Tell me no more! If their parents are poor, they don't get any presents, riiight?
Ishimaru: Well, I suppo-
Monokuma: T-This is excellent! Amazing! EXTREEEEME! (maniacal laughter)
- Anti-Humor: Leon. There's a reason why there's a question mark at the end of his talent.
- Atomic F-Bomb: "F*cktw*ts."
- Bloody Hilarious: The "non-canon execution for the jokester".
- Brainless Beauty: Asahina appears to fit this description, with Junko being a somewhat close second.
- Butt Monkey: Leon is beaten to near death after telling a bad joke. Keep in mind that this is just in the promo video.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Monokuma. After all, trapping children in a school and forcing them to murder each other can't make you the hero.
- The Cast Show Off: The promo video, even the extra's get some showtime.
- Celebrity Endorsement: Naegi seems to do this with mustard.
- Christmas Special: A Very Ishimaru Christmas.
- Cluster Bleep Bomb: Monokuma, during the promo video.
Monokuma: Next f*cktw*t to steal my spotlight will get their face remodeled into the godd*mn marianna trench!
- The Comically Serious: Sakura.
- Compressed Adaptation: Considering that the anime is already compressed enough, this is inevitable.
- Covers Always Lie: Despite being a parody of Dangan Ronpa, it seems to take very many liberties of its own.
- Deadpan Snarker: Togami. Oh boy, Togami.
- Eccentric Mentor: Your adorable principal, Monokuma.
- Emotionless Girl: Kirigiri who, in this parody, is literally an android.
- Evil Laugh: Monokuma, and how.
- Fan Disservice: SWEET..BIRTHIN'..HIPS
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: "#plantnation2013" in the Christmas Special.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Leon.
- Funny Background Event: In the promo video, the ongoing mustard in Naegi's hair, and to those with a better eye, Hagakure's hair smoke.
- Groin Attack: Implied at the end of the promo video.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Monokuma arguably has one in the Christmas Special that ends in a massive explosion.
- Jerk Ass: Quite a few people, Monokuma and Togami being notable examples.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Leon's in the promo video earns him a unanimous groan from the rest of the cast, followed by a beatdown.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Multiple references to the audience of Youmacon in the promo video.
- Limit Break: Monokuma can only stand to be interrupted so many times before threatening someone's life.
- Literal-Minded: Naegi. Though to be fair, he seems to mishear most of what he interprets.
Monokuma: I'm talking to the braindead congoing bastards!
Naegi: You've got that wrong! I am an undead ongoing mustard!
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Considering Time8th's track record, combined with his voices for Sakura and Hagakure, he might qualify as this.
- Mood Whiplash: The joy of the holidays turns into a mass explosion in the span of a minute in the Christmas Special.
- Nervous Wreck: Fukawa. This certainly isn't helped by the fact that, in this parody, she's a conspiracy theorist.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Ishimaru really should have kept to himself about Santa Claus.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Leon's in the promo video could certainly qualify as this.
- No Indoor Voice: Definitely Ishimaru, who does nothing but scream, it seems.
- Sadist Teacher: Monokuma.
- Sanity Slippage: Monokuma's breakdown in the Christmas Special, despite the fact that it was out of joy.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Leon, during his beatdown in the promo.
- Ship Tease: Togami and Monokuma?
- Spell My Name with an "S": Celestia's last name, which is commonly translated as "Ludenberg" by fans, was left as "Ludenberck" in the parody.
- Title Drop: When Monokuma announces the title of the parody in the promo video.
- Too Dumb to Live: Naegi would arguably qualify as such.
- Unexplained Recovery: Averted with Leon in the promo. After being beat to near death, he makes sure to muster a sign that he's okay.
- Villainous Breakdown: Monokuma, seemingly blowing up Hope's Peak Academy in a bout of despairing ecstasy in the Christmas Special.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Yamada seems to know a lot about the internet and anime, neither of which are available at Hope's Peak Academy.