Web Video: Cutie Pie Marzia
The tip of her iceberg.Marzia Bisognin
, better known as CutiePieMarzia
, is an Italian YouTuber
. Her channel is mostly fashion-centric, though she also posts a large variety of non-fashion related videos, like food recipes, makeup tutorials, monthly favorites, and the occassional vlog (generally when she is travelling). Marzia also likes featuring her pugs Maya and Edgar, as seen here
Her great sense in fashion and love for art
has currently given her 4 million subscribers which she calls her "marzipans"
. Her content is very creative and a popular comment by marzipans is how tastefully edited her videos are: Marzia's channel carries a very distinct style without having to sacrifice being able to experiment.
Her boyfriend happens to be PewDiePie
and they tend to appear on each other's channels quite a bit. She began as an average bro that Pewds talked to via Facebook
, and as things escalated they eventually became a couple. You might think that she is basically a female version of Pewdie. You'd be dead wrong.note
Her Facebook is here
, her Twitter is here
, her Tumblr is here
, and her Instagram is here
Marzia and her channel provide examples of:
- Arc Number: Characters in Marzia's stories have a habit of waking up at 3:00 am.
- At one point, Marzia began having nightmares on a regular basis and always woke up at 3:33 am.
- Art Shift: Some videos like The Creepy Woman are made using paper puppets. Moonlight, her 2013 Halloween special, was made with "stop motion", if you can call it that.
- Ascended Fangirl: She got her start as a bro herself. Her friend emailed some of Pewdie's videos to her, she enjoyed them, she managed to contact Pewdie on Facebook, the rest is history.
- Blessed with Suck: Yes, she is the girlfriend of the most popular gamer on Youtube, but at the same time many people believe that without him she wouldn't have a fraction of her subscribers.
- Catch Phrase: "Hey!", always accompanied by a quick little wave to the audience.
- Cat Smile: Marzia in paper form (see the "Wednesday Horror Stories" and "The Creepy Woman").
- The Chick: They don't call her CutiePie for nothing.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Sometimes.
- Continuity Nod: After creating a horror story called "Moonlight", she adapts the name "Luna" for a character in a future storynote .
- Couldn't Find a Pen: In "IT'S TIME.", "it" uses Luna's blood to write "It's time" on the wall.
- Dead All Along: "I wasn't there."
- It's also the twist for "Moonlight".
- Distaff Counterpart: Averted; Pewdie does his thing, Marzia does hers.
- Downer Ending: "IT'S TIME." By the end, "it" kills Luna, uses Luna's blood to write "It's time" on the wall, and stares the viewer down menacingly.
- That was just the ambiguous ending. The real ending of the story is that Luna's paranoia drove her insane, and "it" was just a figment of her imagination, so she killed herself.
- Driven to Suicide: The aforementioned "IT'S TIME."
- Everyone Calls Her Pugachan/Puga: Even though her real name is Maya.
- Eye Scream: Maya had her eye scratched out by a cat when she was a puppy. Ouch.
- Fan Community Nickname: "Marzipans".
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: The ending of "IT'S TIME." has "it" staring directly at you, as if it's going to kill you next.
- Funny Foreigner: She originates from Italy, but she's just as quirky as Pewdie.
- Gory Discretion Shot: We don't exactly see how Luna is killed in "IT'S TIME."—we see "it" lunging at her, and it cuts to black.
- Jump Scare: One at the very end of Moonlight.
- A subtle but still startling one at the end of "WHS: The Mirror". Overlaps with Mirror Scare, natch.
- Meganekko: Goes on and off, as she doesn't actually need glasses.
- Mirror Scare: From "IT'S TIME."; one of the ways "it" stalks the main character (Luna) is appearing in her mirror.
- Somewhat subverted, since Luna was looking into the mirror for a bit before "it" showed up.
- Also, the ending of "WHS: The Mirror". Subverted since the scary image appeared in the mirror by itself with no one around.
- Ms. Fanservice: Downplayed a bit, since she is quite modest.
- Nightmare Fetishist: She does have a particular interest in horror, as seen in several of her videos. She mentions it several times, and she loves gory horror movies and the fear of real life after watching one.
- Nonindicative Name: Despite her channel name and overall look being bubbly and upbeat, there are some parts at the core of the channel that are genuinely frightening.
- Nothing Is Scarier: "I wasn't there."
- Number of the Beast: In the aforementioned tag video, Marzia says that she used to have nightmares and wake up at 3:33 every morning. Double that, and what do you get?
- Ominous Music Box Tune: "The Creepy Woman".
- Precision F-Strike: "Puga Does Everything" is the only given instance where she swears.
- Psychotic Smirk: Brr.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Maya the pug, or as Marzia and Pewdie sometimes call her, "Puga".
- Add to that Edgar Allen Pug, or just Edgar, their second pug.
- Running Gag: Despite her hair color deliberately changing, it seems the length of her hair has been consistently past her shoulders since the start of the channel. And in case you need proof...
- Naturally, her boyfriend gets a lot of screen time alongside her. Unfortunately, this ended up working not in her favor.
- Nearly everytime Marzia makes some kind of delightful confectionary treat, she offers it to her boyfriend on camera. He gingerly takes a ridiculously small bite, then gives her a ridiculously high rating and a strained smile. In all honesty though, her treats don't look half bad!
- Shout-Out: Her Puga Does Everything series is obviously a take on her boyfriend's Pewds Does Everything series.
- Dame Swears-a-Lot: Averted, as she doesn't swear and does not find preferences for it, very much unlike her boyfriend.
- Hell, at one point she even calls Felix a "badbutt" to avoid using the word "badass".
- Tears of Blood: Part of her Bloody Mary look.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: From Puga Does Everything, when someone asks Puga if she can rap.
I'm a pug.
Do you want a hug?
Sorry, no can do
Because I know kung-fu