Corrupting the Classics with Contemporary Crap
is a web series produced by New York actors Caitlin Gold and Naomi McDougall Jones and written by other New York actor Matthew McAllister, which parodies modern reality and talk show TV by throwing characters and plots from classical theater into the mix and letting madness ensue. The first three episodes are currently up on Youtube.
- Affectionate Parody: Of the theatrical works involved. A very unaffectionate parody of the television programs.
- Catch Phrase: "Downwards and backwards!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: David Mamet in "Project Playwright".
- The Danza: Angus Hepburn as Angus Leech. Similarly, Natalia Fedner as Natalie Knickerbocker.
- Flat "What.": Everyone's reaction in episode 3 when they have to write a play as a Tweet.
- Take That: Oh so many.
- Token Minority: Invoked/parodied in "Project Playwright", where Oscar Wilde fleetingly references that the reason Ntozake Shange is among the contestants is because the other playwrights are all white men.