- BGG Reviews: Initially reviewing obscure games under no particular title. Has retired this generic title since Midnight Raiders for the Sega CD in favor of...
- Black Sheep Game Reviews: BGG reviews video games that stick out from their respective series and franchises, such as Double Dragon V: The Shadow Warriors (a Fighting Game), Command & Conquer Renegade (a First-Person Shooter), or even video games that are non-traditional or unique in their own ways as well as obscure games.
- Byte-Sized Reviews: Short and sweet reviews of video games. Compare to Five Second Movies.
- I Feel Like Playing: His take on Let's Play. Like Black Sheep Game Reviews, he focuses on the more obscure games.
- Generic Angry Gamer: BGG's alternate persona where he bashes video games, good or bad, as a joke. Sound familiar?
open/close all folders
(Older) BGG Reviews (*: Removed)
- Toy Story (SNES)*
- Pinball Quest
- Evil Dead: Regeneration (PS2)*
- Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)*
- Drakkhen (SNES)
- E-Reader (GBA)
- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
- Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick (PS2)
- Evil Dead: Hail to the King (Sega Dreamcast)
- MUSHA (Genesis)
- Sword of Sodan (Genesis)
- Game Boy Camera
- PrizeFighter (Sega CD)
- TomCatAlley (Sega CD)
- Ill Bleed
- MidnightRaiders (Sega CD)
Black Sheep Game Reviews
I Feel Like Playing (*: We, as in co-op)
Misc. (*: As GAG)YouTube! He also posts videos first on River City Gamers.
Blonde Guy Gamer provides examples of the following tropes:
- Aborted Arc: The ending to the old Evil Dead Hail To The Kingg review has Evil BGG teleported to Dr.R, and plotting together against BGG and WizWar100. Other than a crossover episode with the crew of River City Gamers, nothing came out of this. Lampshaded by BGG when doing a Black Sheep Game Review on Hail to the King.
- The Ahnold: When questioning why Joker, a helicopter pilot in Midnight Raiders, would ever considering going in an enemy base with just a handgun in the second act of the game, going on to say that he's "not fucking Ahnold!"
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking
BGG: Wait, why would Hell want to do something like this?
- After coming to life thanks to BGG reviewing the three Evil Dead games, Evil BGG's plan involved killing BGG, and making his own YouTube channel, under BGG's identity, just to bash games and people defending said games in order to destroy the video game reviewing community.
Evil BGG: Ehhh, just for the lulz.
- In the Black Sheep Game Reviews of the Evil Dead trilogy, Evil BGG still wants to steal his show, only this time, he has much worse plans (troll videos, demanding donations, Call of Duty commentaries (with a Machinima contract, of course) before wanting to kill BGG only to find out that he's already thought up a counter-measure, long before he went to execute his plan. The "killing BGG" part didn't work out either since he tricks him to go outside.
- Big Damn Heroes: Croshach in the original Evil Dead: Hail to the King review.
- Blondes Are Evil: Averted for Blonde Guy Gamer. Played straight with Evil Blonde Guy Gamer though.
- The Cameo: He has appeared in a few other videos with his friends, as well as getting them in his videos.
- Crazy-Prepared: BGG came prepared to deal with Evil BGG for his Evil Dead trilogy review by locking him out the house after the three episodes. Wow, that was easy.
- Driven to Madness: "If I hear that 'Good Job Joker now do it again' line, ONE MORE TIME-" "Good job Joker, now do it again." "FFFUUUUUU-" *We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties*
- Full Motion Video: Has done videos of these games. Half of them he did not like very much. With the help of his friends, and brother, he out right parodied this concept in the Midnight Raiders review.
- Humiliation Conga: At the end of the BSGR on Evil Dead: Regeneration, Evil BGG attempted to steal the show, only to learn from BGG that he came several steps ahead and thwarted his plans before he even began playing it out. It got so sad to the point to where BGG tricks him to leave the house and locking him out.
- Hypocritical Humor: When BGG killed off 90s kid, he pledges to never rip off other popular reviewers ever again. Then he notices his "I Heard That, Curtis" T-shirt.
- Interface Screw: Full force in his Eternal Darkness review, true to the game itself.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero
- In the original Evil Dead: Regeneration review, a lot of the video game related stuff comes to life to attack him. He does manage to repel them though.
- In the end of the original Evil Dead: Hail to the King review, the three games came together as Evil BGG came through a portal in hell. Thankfully, Croshach came to the rescue.
- He gets himself into this again intentionally for the BSGR Evil Dead trilogy. Although, he came quite prepared this time.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Parodied in the BSGR on Earthworm Jim 3D.
- Old Shame: A couple of his older reviews have been unlisted because of how ashamed he is for how they look in quality.
"You think you're funny just because you randomly pop up just to be funny? That's not funny! THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"
- Especially for both Toy Story and Evil Dead Regeneration. The latter was riffed on by Chip Cheezum, which BGG used as inspiration to improve, and even did a couple of shout outs to him and Ironicus.
- He seems to regret his Left 4 Dead Parody reaction video with a passion. Made evident with his Game Boy Camera review.
- Pet the Dog: BGG talked about how he would go to his local pawn shop sometimes and always see Sword of Sodan for Sega Genesis sitting on a shelf. Out of pity, and for the sake of collection (since the box was included), he decided to purchase it and review it shortly afterward."—because I'M A DUMB ASS COLLECTOR!"
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Mocked in the game over scenes in both Prize Fighter and Midnight Raiders.
- Halfway into his review of Tomcat Alley for the Sega CD, his copy of Heat Seeker (on Wii this time) talks to him, though he throws it out before it can do anything else. Also, WellUnreal007 sneaks in a Side Bet.
- At the end of his BSGR on Killer7, a video clip of the Chip Cheezum riffing can be seen.
- And again at the beginning of his BSGR on Evil Dead Regeneration.
- Croshach is a homage to Rorschach of Watchmen.
- Take That Me: BGG likes to make fun of himself. See Hypocritical Humor above.
- This Is Gonna Suck: The way he introduce some of the games can sometimes come with this vibe. With Sword of Sodan, however, he cuts the crap and gets straight into how horrible the game is.('flashes the Sword of Sodan game box, then takes a pillow and screams'')
- Training Montage: For Prize Fighter on Sega CD. It did nothing to improve his skills.
- Visual Pun: Does this every now and then.
- What If?: Blondy's "new" review style on Banjo & Kazooie, Nuts and Bolts was actually a manifestation made from the "What If" tome he has.