Riding on the wave of AbridgeMENT parodies launched by Purpleeyes, ThroneOfCiper
brings a delightfully insane abridged-excuse us, AbridgeMENT-version of Bleach
. It's definitely one of the contenders for most bizarre abridged series out there. And as you read the page, remember that It Makes Sense in Context
... Or LESS sense in context.
Also of note is the fact that Throneofcipher and Omnibeneficial
both work on Supernatural The Animation Abridged
Bleach MENT contains examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Uryu jerks off in class. While thinking about Ichigo.
- And Rukia does it while Ichigo fights the Soul Reaper in Episode 6.
- Artistic License - Physics: Kon in Ichigo's body jumps three stories. Lampshaded soon after.
Kon: My favorite class is physics because I can defy it!
I just jumped three stories without Nikes on, FUCK YOU!!
- Badass Boast: Ichigo announces himself as such:
: "I am the orange in your Fruits Basket
, the Punk in you electronic amusement gallery, the ass that has bad written all over it. Ichigo Jason Statham
- Black Speech: Before Karin had her period, she talked this way.
- Bond One-Liner: From Yuzu, no less:
- Captain Ersatz: Keigo sounds suspiciously similar to David Bowie/Kakashi.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: ...It's a MENT series. Everyone counts, but Chad is a good contender for most consistently crazy, displaying a bizarre hatred for air.
- Failed a Spot Check: Rukia assumes the Soul Reaper from Episode 6 is dead when Grand Fisher stabs him. He gets better.
- Insane Troll Logic:
Kon: Now what have we learned about bullying?
Centipede Hollow: That it starts at an early age then develops into a string of bloody murders!
Kon: That's not true at all!
Centipede Hollow: Well, I'm a centipede, that's proof enough!
- Ironic Echo Cut: Ichigo claims to have a plan for skipping school that's been used by many intellectual individuals. Cut to the school bursting into flames.
- Lampshade Hanging: Odd bits of animation are often a source of jokes.
- Large Ham: Ichigo.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context:
Ichigo: "Well, I'm off to go hunt Dad in space. Later! (Pair of sunglasses materialize on his face, and he disappears with a "NYAN!" sound)
Yuzu: "What the hell just happened?"
- Mythology Gag:
'Kisuke: "How may I Hogyoku today?"
- No Periods, Period: Averted. Karin has her first period in episode 4... though she really shouldn't.
- Rhymes on a Dime: In Episode 6:
Ichigo: NEATO MAGNETO, MR. ABARITO!
- Sanity Ball: Ichigo has it... sometimes.
- Space Whale Aesop: You can't reason with everything, YOU GOTTA KILL IT!
- Tempting Fate:
Karin: "My irrational and sudden fear of birds alters my language! So long as I don't think of anything supernaturally unrealistic I should be fine."
Karin: "YOU PONY BITCH!"
- Waxing Lyrical: Streaker bursts into song in episode 4. It's... weird.
Streaker: "I'm flying like an eagle... homosexually... grind every ego, make them feel as if I'm eating them alive..."
- Your Head Asplode: Happens to Orihime in Episode 6.