Web Video: Apollo Justice Abridged
Apollo Justice Abridged is an Abridged Series of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, written by NaruhodouMinuki, and edited by Volty, of Phoenix Wright Ace Idiot infamy.The series stopped after two episodes (plus a couple of specials) due to Klavier's voice actor becoming unavailable and Minuki being unwilling to replace him. A few months later, Volty (who was the co-owner of the AJ Abridged channel) closed the Youtube account that Apollo Justice Abridged was hosted on. This was done for many reasons, but mostly because he was ashamed of how bad this series was and how it reflected upon himself. Some time after that, Minuki closed her Youtube account and disappeared from the internet, sending this series into the ether. None of her videos, abridged or otherwise, are known to have been reuploaded.Needs a Better Description.
This show provides examples of:
- The Abridged Series: Of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, naturally.
- Butt Monkey: Apollo, and the various jokes about him being utterly ineffectual.
- Obligatory Swearing: Most notably the second case. The word "pussy" does not constitute a joke.
- This was a trademark of Minuki's. She had a naturally childish voice despite being 17 at the time (and looking it), and regularly cursed a blue streak in her other videos. The juxtaposition of that voice with her normal vulgarities was something she clearly found too hilarious to let be.
- Role Reprisal: Both creators of the original Ace Attorney parodies voiced characters in this series. CardboardLawyer, from Ace Attorney Abridged, reprised his role of Phoenix Wright. Volty reprised his roles of Winston Payne and the Judge.
- Shipper on Deck: Trucy had a thing for Klavier Gavin. Also, Minuki herself.
- Minuki had a bizarre obsession with shipping Trucy/Phoenix to the point that, for one subscriber milestone video, she wrote and voiced an audio-only vignette that was basically Trucy reacting in real time (positively, mind you) to Phoenix molesting her. If you know the relationship these two characters have in-canon, then you'll know why this is a very high level of Squick.
- Shout-Out: Early in the trial during the first episode, the Judge takes away Phoenix's Internet, just like he always does in Ace Idiot. This is lampshaded a few minutes later when he informs the Court that Travolta3335 is suing him for stealing that gag.