Animerica is an Anime Review Show by two American Anime fans called Fox Catcher and Phoenix, played by Alan Morrisey and Will Ryan, respectively. It usually involves them watching an entire anime, while making jokes, pointing out plotholes (which as of now is incredibly frequent in a majority of the episodes), among other things. Unlike most review shows, each episode is connected by an overarching storyline, in a similar fashion as Atop the Fourth Wall. While most of the anime they call terrible, some of them they actually liked, such as Tokyo Majin. Upon Fox Catcher's mysterious disappearance at the end of season 1 (due to Alan Morrisey wanting to quit the show), Phoenix spends the second season reviewing anime alone, and in season 3, is joined by the robot Atlas, played by JT Kamp, Ryan's co-host on their other show, Cover By Cover.
- Berserk Button: Many things for Both Phoenix AND Fox Catcher, the most common being pointless nudity and massive plot holes. See Rape as Drama below.
- Biblical Bad Guy: The ones responsible for the creation of the keys and the unleashing of Viquor Chaos are revealed to be Archangel Michael, Archangel Gabriel, and Archangel Raphael.
- Big Bad: Archangel Michael, Archangel Gabriel, and Archangel Raphael.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Fox Catcher's ears.
- Broken Pedestal: Phoenix, in regards to Goro Taniguchi's feelings towards the second season of Code Geass, which he did a marathon review of in December of 2013. While Phoenix initially felt bad towards Taniguchi for the Executive Meddling towards the show, by the time he got to reviewing Episode 20, Phoenix went from pitying Taniguchi to being annoyed, feeling that Taniguchi, for all the trouble he went through making the second season, did nothing to try to curb its declining quality.
- Darker and Edgier: The second season, natch.
- Kids Are Cruel: Phoenix was quite disturbed during the scene from Elfen Lied when those kids brutally beat Lucy's puppy to death, to the point he spared the viewers most of the scene, which he said was too drawn out.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: Invoked a number of times throughout the show.
- Rape as Drama: When reviewing Elfen Lied, Phoenix was SO disgusted with The Scene revealing Mayu was sexually abused by her stepfather. that he had to take a minute to compose himself. He states a minute or so later he was originally going to verbally tear the entire scene apart, he was so angry.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Atlas.
- Running Gag: From season three onwards, "QUALITY SCENE!"
- Transformation Trinket: Both Fox Catcher and Phoenix gain what appears to be a Guyver unit, which they will use to morph in order to continue reviews for especially terrible scenes. Unlike most examples of this Trope, They are actually switching places with another entity which will do the scene(s) in their place (or until they themselves can no longer take it).