Web Original: Winds Of Change
Sometime in 1996, multiple realities crashed into our own, resulting in a mysterious fusion of both - Superheroes combined with our world, and a "Furry" universe. This event, called "The Change" quite literally changed the world forever. Ever wonder what it's like when you're going through puberty, and feel like you're becoming something different...well Winds of Change happens to make this a literal case.The Winds of Change is a Web Original series that started on the Transformation Story Archive mailing list, and has been going on and off since then. It's a bit of a Long Runner, but there was no defined "Schedule". It also happens to contain a strong amount of Speculative Fiction elements, and stands out for presenting many of the changes as plausible. Many of the writers heavily researched the species the characters became, and presented some of the anatomical notices.Originally a story series that expanded into a universe - it does not follow any defined "arc". A list of the stories, including the original two series can be read here.
Provides examples of:
- Animorphism: Oh yes...
- Baleful Polymorph: Some simply lost their minds and turned into a complete animal.
- Apocalypse How: Class 1 in the past. Class 0 may have happened when The Change hit.
- Deconstruction: "Paradox" happens to deconstruct many different tropes of the series, with a predator species getting a power that's highly inconvenient to him...Empathy. "Hidden Beauty" also showcases someone who isn't that willing to change. An off-site story ("Prechange Anxiety") also illustrates this.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Averted - higher degree Avian, Amphibian, and Reptile morphs do not have breasts.
- Shown Their Work: You couldn't help but wonder if some of the authors happened to be zoology majors.
- Shout-Out: Don't those mice in one of those very short-stories sound familiar?
- Speculative Fiction: Ranks heavily as this.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Zig-Zagged.
- Stock Superpowers