The Rake is the subject of a creepypasta regarding a murderous human-esque creature that has appeared numerous times. Not to be confused with the landscaping tool, The Rake's name comes from one particular case of an attack by this thing, in which a dying girl (hurt by the beast) simply called it by this name.The Rake has a voice that instills terror to go with its appearance. It's entirely possible that there may be more than one, but let's not think about that.
- Apocalyptic Log: Every witness account of the creature given in the story can qualify as this.
- Beast Man: A really creepy variant; he's some sort of freakish, furless dog-man.
- Black Eyes of Evil
- Body Horror: Its body is said to look twisted and unnatural, as if it was hit by a car.
- Crossover: Many more recent creepypastas like to involve both the Rake and the Slender Man.
- Driven to Suicide: One of the Rake's victims chose to hang himself rather than let the Rake get to him.
- Humanoid Abomination: Although whether it counts as an Eldritch Abomination is debatable.
- Animalistic Abomination: How others view it.
- Infant Immortality: Averted; in the original pasta, one of the Rake's victims was a young child.
- Lovecraft Country: The original story gives the location as the northeast United States, centred on rural New York.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Really 700 Years Old: The earliest written record of an encounter with the monster dates from 1691.
- Sanity Slippage: It instils fear in its victims while still in the stalking phase, causing them to experience this trope.
- Spell My Name with a "The"
- Things That Go "Bump" in the Night: Actually averted in most cases, though it has the potential to be this way.
- The Unintelligible: Its voice is sometimes portrayed as this.
- Urban Legend: Much like the Slender Man, it was made to become this.