Web Original: Suicide Mouse
Suicide Mouse is a Creepypasta about a supposed lost Mickey Mouse cartoon. The cartoon, while seemingly just a loop of Mickey walking past some buildings for a few minutes, is found by a Disney executive to be much darker than it originally seemed.The story can be read here.
This creepypasta provides examples of:
- Alien Geometries: At first the scenery was just a standard Wraparound Background, but during the part where there is murmuring in place of the music, the sidewalk starts going in different directions, defying Mickey's walking physics.
- Art-Style Dissonance: The first recreation, which looked like it was made in MS Paint, and the third recreation, which looks like it was made in Flash. Note that the original story suggests that the original cartoon was made in the 30s.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: The Russian text in the first recreation.
- Driven to Suicide: The employee who watched the final portion of the cartoon, and in the third recreation, Mickey himself.
- Death by Adaptation: While Mickey Mouse's fate in the original story and in most of the recreations is unclear, he kills himself in the third recreation.
- Defictionalization: The first recreation can be seen here. The second and third are also available. A forth was recently released. It had different music than the others, and matched the picture on the creepypasta wiki, but only showed the first half of the short. Finally, someone took the forth one, which looked the closest to the "real thing", and created his own version of the second half, however, it's even less faithful to the story than the third one was. This fifth one uses the same background loop as the fourth one, but uses a different (more crude) animation of Mickey. Unlike the fourth one though, it is complete, and is probably the most accurate complete version ever released thus far. Watch them at your own risk.
- Deranged Animation: Floating ruins of buildings? Check. Sidewalks that defy perception? Check. Mickey continuing his walk cycle, but with a Nightmare Face? Check.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: The third recreation, where Mickey kills himself. Even more so recreation 4.5, which has images that seem to belong on a Shock Site in the second half of the short, and shows no distortion of the background or the ending mickey mouse face.
- Madness Mantra: According to the story, the poor employee who had to watch the last minute or so of the cartoon after Leonard Maltin couldn't handle any more of it stumbled out of the theater, pale and saying "Real suffering is not known" seven times.
- Nightmare Face: This image, despite having nothing to do with the story. The actual story gives us this description:Mickey's face began to fall apart. his eyes rolled on the bottom of his chin like two marbles in a fishbowl, and his curled smile was pointing upward on the left side of his face.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The majority of the episode is just Mickey walking past buildings while odd noises play.
- The minutes where the cartoon briefly cuts to black with no sound also counts.
- Recursive Translation: Justified for the adaptions. The original story mentions a Russian sentence in the ending, which was translated into english. As the original text was never mentioned in the original story...
- World of Chaos: The scenery eventually turns into this, with the buildings reduced to floating rubble and the sidewalk adopting Alien Geometries.
- Wrap Around Background: At first, the background consists of just the same six buildings. But then everything gradually falls apart...