"Hey guys and gals, welcome back to another episode of Haunted Gaming!"
A web series hosted by a man by the name of Mutahar. The show mostly centers around Video Game
, but also talks about cancelled games. Usually, Mutahar will first do a summary of the creepypasta in subject (he'll do it word-for-word if its short enough, or if the experience requires it, such as a Fan Fic). Then he'll give his opinion on it and if it can exist
This series exhibits examples of:
- Foreshadowing: From "Noodles"
- And what do you know, he does this in the next episode.
- Live Episode: Nostalgic Web Surfing and some of the Lets Plays are done live on Twitch TV. Most of the Let's Plays and all of the Nostalgia Web Surfing episodes are archived on YouTube later.
- Leet Speak: In "Zelda II The Lost Level", he brings up that the original sticker was torn off, and replaced with "ZE3LD@ TW0 " written in black marker. This translates to "Zelda Two (2)".
- Mind Screw: This happens to Mutahar when he finds out about Hamburger University in Nostalgic Web surfing episode 2.
- WTF Gaming centers around games that fall into this category.
- Oh Crap! There Are Creepypastas Of Us...: His Reading of hauntedgaming.exe, but this is mostly subverted.
- Pet Peeve Trope : Mutahar has a number of creepypasta cliches as pet peeves.
- A creepypasta starting out with "I used to love (game name) as a kid!" or similar.
- Buying a game off of eBay. He'll avert this when its a classic game, as stores no longer take used copies of older games.
- Gorn, averted if it adds to the creepiness of the story.
- Creepy Doll appearing at the end.
- An old man giving the main character a game.
- The original sticker torn off and replaced with a piece of tape with something written on it (of course, this only applies to cartridge based games).
- Running Gag: There are pictures that slide in the top left of the videos sometimes. Some common ones that count as running gags are "seems legit", and "i ♥ cliches".
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Mutahar loves dropping f-bombs during his let's plays and rants.
- Surprise Jump: Most of his Lets Plays end on this.
- Suspiciously Similar Song : From the Sonic.exe Let's Play
Oh dude! That's the Giygas music from EarthBound
2! Man, I've got a keen ear there!
- The show itself sometimes uses a remix of the infamous Lavender Town music as background music.
- Time Machine: Sort of. Mutahar uses The WayBack Machine for nostalgic web surfing.