Idrisfall is the royal city in Everende. It's located right in the middle of the royal area, and it's located just north of Wintermourne Lake. The king is off visiting neighboring territories who were recently involved in a war and he has left his son, Stratus Neverthaine, in charge.The prince, while his father is attending to other matters, has sent out a decree that a royal army is being made entirely of volunteers. He doesn't specify why, only that they will be of utmost importance to the royal family. You must prove your worthiness by displaying your talents to at least four judges, one of them being the Prince. Above all, do not bore him!!Once you are in the army, you will have a chance to be pitted against each other so that you may prove to the prince your worthiness and your loyalty. Should you accept, you have a chance to act as his right-hand man (or woman) and live in the castle. Stratus has declared that, should you win, you will be grafted into the Neverthaine family, and thereby given some degree of power, wealth and status.
- Let's You and Him Fight
- Rags to Riches: Ideally, anyway, for those who enter.
- Steam Punk: The OCT's genre, naturally.
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Majinboo0111
"It was a childhood accident."
- Cloudcuckoolander: Stratus is a mild case, but he does have a few strange habits all the same.
- Cool Crown
- Good Scars, Evil Scars:But which is it, I wonder?
- Pimped Out.... Everything: His CROWN has GEARS on it. GEARS.
- Requisite Royal Regalia
- Royal Blood
- Scars Are Forever
- Young and In Charge: Probably the result of a very bad idea.
Voiced by: Zyggy567
- Badass Baritone
- Badass Grandpa
- Badass Longcoat
- Badass Normal
- Cool Shades: A snazzy green pair.
- Closer to Earth: Than most of them, anyway.
- Cool Old Guy: Well, pretty old anyway.
- Dare to Be Badass
- Face Palm: In many of the auditions, Everett's reaction to contestant shenanigans is this.
- Four-Star Badass
- Hidden Badass
- The Gunslinger
- Honest Advisor: Or is he?
- Minored in Asskicking
- Only Sane Man: With a sixteen year old running the country, a pigeon demi-god, and a possessed librarian, Everett stands out as being a surprisingly normal guy.
- Rated M for Manly
- Specs of Awesome
- Veteran Instructor
The Royal Messenger
Voiced by: Overshadowed
- Airborne Mook: Legions of pidgeons, all at her disposal.
- Badass Finger Snap
- God in Human Form
- Instant Messenger Pigeon: Can I just leave this here?
- Little Miss Snarker
- Multicolored Hair: Black (or gray) with purple and cyan highlights...?
- Odd Job God: The god (or goddess) of pigeons, Coret spends her time... running messages for the Prince?
- Really 700 Years Old: or maybe more?
- Tsundere: I think this speaks for itself.
Allan Green and Caleb
The Scribe and Resident Ghost
Allan Voiced by: WILIZIN
Caleb Voiced by: Golden-Silver
Voiced by: TheLivingImpaired
- Four-Fingered Hands: Of the metal variety
- Sad Clown: Richard looks rather... depressed for a court jester, doesn't he?
- Split Personality: or is it?
Iron and Coal
Voiced by: Koivo
- Curse: The two are physically incapable of getting further than five feet apart from each other.
- Cain and Abel: Do they ever get along? No.
- Fate Worse Than Death: For some people their curse might be an easy way out of a worse punishment, but... See the above trope.
- Theme Twin Naming: Do I really have to explain? Really?
Alana Dagain & Vampu
Reference: Alana & Vampu
Average Joe & Sensei
Reference: Joe & Sensei
"Avery" Obulai & "Julia" Vinao Tanveral
Reference: Avery & JuliaAvery and his thirst for adventure wanted to seize the chance at going out into the world and having a chance of doing something important.Julia is there to make sure Avery doesn't get himself killed in the process.
- Brother-Sister Team
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling
- Playing with Fire: Julia's powers. Quite useful, considering where they're from.
- Sibling Yin-Yang
- Sword and Sorcerer: Maybe more like Bow and Firemage, but anyway.
- The Stoic: Being Julia
Blake, Tyke & Sarah Idekai
Reference: Blake, Tyke & Sarah
Captain John Arkite & Jacqyln "Jack" Denzden
Reference: John & Jack
- Non-Human Sidekick: Jack is totally a cat...That walks and talks and is awesome.
Effendy "Fauwn" Kamiram & Skoll
Ernest Benjamin York & Emily Suzanne Rothschild
Reference: Agents York & Rothschild
- Action Duo
- Creature of Habit: York likes Peace and quiet, not to mention plans. This requires order.
- Allergic to Routine: Emily, on the other hand likes CHAOS
- The Gunslinger: both carrying rather stylish pieces at that
Fenix Fiorella Solean Vasco
- Electronic Eyes: Jeepers, Creepers, Where'd you get them Peepers
- Artificial Limbs: Fenix's boots/legs.
Isabella Elensworth & Susana Willowbrook
Reference: Isabella & Susana
James Alexander May
- Older Than They Look: James' mental and physical age flux, so though she may look and act 8, she really isn't.
- Overnight Age-Up: And down, but, hey. It's all instantaneous.
Lilith Teivel Tartini & Alpheus Abimel
Reference: Lilith & Alpheus
- Battle Butler
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Easy Amnesia
- The Heart
- Magic Music: Lilith's curse is to this effect.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Alpheus.
- Quest for Identity: He searches for his identity by going to Idris looking for the King.
- Identity Amnesia: He breaks out of prison... Without remembering anything but Cumulus Neverthaine's name.
Malakai & Koya
Nathan "Nate" Jameson
Nicole D'Morte, Felix Mayer and Phoebe Marrow-Kane Mars
- Freudian Trio: Come one. Ego-Id-Superego. Superego is totally Phoebe.
- Smoking Is Cool: Niko is an incurable chain-smoker.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Nola is half dwarf.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Subverted.
- Shorter Equals Smarter
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl
- Wrench Wench
Professeur Farfelu, Rosaline Ducreaux & Chattie Chat l'Chat
Reference: Farfelu, Rosaline & Chattie
- The Heart, Heartwarming Orphan, Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places, Love Martyr, Mysterious Past, I Just Want to Be Special, Never a Self-Made Woman: Oh, Rosaline. Dear, sweet Rosaline.
- Minor Major Character: Meow goes the Spoiled Sweet cat.
- Mysterious Watcher: Oh dem pigeons
- The Faceless paired with Nice Hat, a rather puzzling pair for a puzzling individual.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: Farfelu, you slut.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist yet Properly Paranoid: Guess what? Rosaline got it right!
- Schemer, yet also, The Reliable One.
- Slogan-Yelling Megaphone Guy: "Porcs du Gouvernment! Negriers!"
- Stage Magician coupled with Conspiracy Theorist, Well-Intentioned Extremist, Utopia Justifiesthe Means, Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters, Anti-Villain, Hometown Hero AND The Caretaker? Oh boy, oh boy. And even after, a dash of The Wonka.
Ratje & Morris
Reference: Ratje & Morris
Reg Abernathy & Lucy
Reference: Reg & Lucy
- A Boy and His X: Or, Reg and his robotic chameleon, Lucy.
- Anti-Magic: His "jewels" protect him. Unbeknownst to him, however, it's really...
- Energy Absorption
- Power Fist: THOSE GLOVES.
Salvador "Sal" Rousseau
- Ambiguously Brown
- Eyepatch of Power: Played with- deconstructed/averted.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: An unwilling time traveler from the distant future, the chronological culture shock Sal experiences is... considerable.
- Scars Are Forever
- Mistaken Identity: Though actually a miner, he lies and claims to be fellow contestant (and female) Alana Dagain.
Sangre "Sang" & Crosser
Reference: Sang & Crosser
- Blood Lust: Sang takes out two guards in his audition with much... gusto.
- Black Eyes of Crazy
- Blood Knight: Sang is the very definition of this trope.
- Empathic Weapon: Bonedevora, Sang's sword, share's a symbiotic bond with "her" wielder.
- Slasher Smile
Scranton Cortez & Sonar Pitch
Reference: Scrap & Sonar
- Petting Zoo People: A hyena and a bat, respectively.
- Your Soul Is Mine Jack's appetite and consumption of the souls of others.
Wendiloff Augustus & Percius Bellator
Reference: Wendi & Percy
- A classy example of TheJeeves and his UpperClassTwit.
- Closer to Earth Wise Butler advises you. YEEEEES.
- Wendiloff, the unintentional Jerkass and HandsomeLech.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wendiloff and his... very comfortable looking nightwear.
Xavier Thorn & Roxy
Reference: Xave & Roxy
Yury & Shea Willowsbee
Reference: Yury & Shea