Web Original / How To Deal With A Yandere
Yandere 101: How to Deal with a Yandere
is a Youtube video series about Joey Johnson
and Lilith Madlove
, animated, written, and voiced
, aka KentuckyFriedChen
. The series plays thoroughly
with the Yandere
trope and its effect on Joey, his friends, and his family. Hilarity Ensues
, along with rampant Fourth-Wall-breaking
, overdose levels of snark
, and the occasional Black Comedy
. Animated using the create.swf Touhou Virtual Paper Doll Engine
Watch the series here
This series provides examples of:
- By "No", I Mean "Yes": In Episode 2, when the Narrator goes to check on Jessica after Lily beats her up...
Joey: So, how'd it go?
Narrator: Pretty good, if you count Jessica being in the hospital as good.
- Character Derailment: The premise of Episode 4, caused by a brick to the skull, where Joey goes Yandere for Lily. As a result, Lily feels smothered by Joey and thinks he has no life for himself, and she reverts him back to normal after freaking out.
- Crossdressing Voices: ThatOneMKFanGirl voices all of the characters, including Joey and The Narrator With A Dumb Accent.
- Curse Cut Short: In Episode 6.
Penelope: News flash, Mr. Narrator: we're six episodes in and we still don't love each other enough, and odds are, judging by this situation, we probably won't be.
Lily: THAT IS BULL- *faints*
- Disproportionate Retribution: In episode 1, when a bird takes Lily's Joey plushie, her reaction is to stab it to death with her halberd.
- The Everyman: Joey Johnson.
- Falling in Love Montage: In Episode 4 with both Yandere Joey and Lily.
- Fiery Redhead: Lily.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "Itís that time of the month again! Itís Weapon Evaluation Time!"
- Insane Troll Logic: In Episode 4, Lily rationalizes that Joey thinks sheís cheating on him with her dolls, then throws away her Joey plushy in disgust.
- Meaningful Name: Really? Lilith Madlove? Who has that kind of name?
- Medium Awareness: In Episode 6, Joey complains about how the show started using a Fourth-Wall Mail Slot format instead. The Narrator changes it back.
- Narrator: With a dumb accent. He eventually gets it removed in episode 7.