'Twas a long time ago; Longer now, than it seems,
In a place that perhaps you have seen in your dreams.
For, the story that you are about to be told,
Took place in the holiday worlds of old.
Now, you've probably wondered where holidays come from...
If you haven't, I'd say it's time you begun!
For, the holidays are the result of much fuss
and hard work for the worlds that create them for us.
Because you see now, quite simply, that's all that they do!
Create one, unique holiday, especially for you!
But once, a calamity ever so great,
Occurred when two holidays met by mistake.
And finally, everything turned out just fine.
Christmas was saved, though there wasn't much time!
And after that night, things were never the same.
Each holiday now knew the other one's name!
Many years later, a school stood in a forest near the Holiday trees and 60 students (letters in hand) approached the school with eagerness and anticipation. Most of them had no clue why they were there, only that they were accepted out of thousands of entrants.Holidays Academy is an Academy on deviantART Founded by SirScorpius and Co-founded by HellzWaltz and zykrinnox, based on the idea of the Holiday Doors in The Nightmare Before Christmas. Students, Teachers and Faculty interact with roleplay and assignments. It's all for fun and you should definitely join.
- Boarding School: Holidays Academy is a boarding school for students from each of the Holiday towns: St. Valentine's Day Town, St. Patrick's Day Town, Easter Town, Halloween Town, Thanksgiving Day Town and Christmas Town.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: But there's always room for one more!
- Theme Naming: Some of— okay, MOST of the students. It makes perfect sense, to be fair!
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Oops.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: It seems to be a common theme that NO ONE CAN FIND WHERE THE TEACHERS LIVE. Little do they know they live near the clock tower— the very place everyone has to look at and pass by no matter where they go in the school or on campus!
- Blue and Orange Morality: Each town kind of has their... own morals. Especially St. Patrick's Day Town (drinking especially) and Halloweentown (on terms of pranking and just... general... terribleness....).
- All-Ghouls School: Check out the third paragraph.
- High-School Dance: They happen. Quite often.
- St. Patrick's Day Town: Scotireland and Oireland. Yes. Both.
- Halloweentown: For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself and Deliberately Monochrome. In fact, many of the students follow up on these VERY well.
- Christmas Town: Santa Clausmas. Just. That.
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: This troper just spent the better part of two days filling in sections and fully intends to spend however long it takes to get every single teacher/faculty member/student a good amount of tropes. Send help.
open/close all folders
Teachers and Faculty
Miss Sally Heartnet
St. Valentine's Day Teacher
Miss Aven O'Connor
Ex St. Patrick's Day Town Teacher
- High Turnover Rate: This position seems to be given away... a lot. Aven, though, is bound and determined to stick around. But will she? She didn't. Not really a spoiler, but eh.
- Fiery Redhead
- Mama Bear: Probably some tendencies, no?
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Cute Clumsy Girl: A bit, I think.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Rehabilitated, mind you!
Mr. Linwood Crawford IV
Easter Town Teacher
- The Woobie: 'Nuff said.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Really, these tropes all speak for themselves.
- Understanding Boyfriend
- Friend to All Living Things
- Momma's Boy: With very good reason.
- Daddy Issues: Again, with good reason.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Boy: Him and his boyfriend, Anthony.
Mr. Haar Grimm
Halloween Town Teacher
Thanksgiving Town Teacher
- A Father to His Men: To his students.
- Gentleman and a Scholar
- Dimensional Traveler: Via plants! He can travel between the Holiday Towns, and even into the real world.
- Mysterious Past
- Constantly Curious: He tries not to be offensive with his constant questions though.
- Combat Referee: One of the other teachers might be a better person to send to break up a student fight...
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Apparently.
- Hot Teacher: Apparently.
- Determinator: About the harvest.
- Nature Spirit: Harvest spirit, specifically!
- Plant Person: Wheat for hair, though whether or not he's actually empathetic with plants is yet to be seen.
- Supreme Chef
- Workaholic: About the harvest, or food preparation in general.
- The McCoy
Mr. Cain N. Kandi
Christmas Town Teacher
- Cool Uncle: He has one. Namely, Santa Claus.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: You should meet his parents sometime. No idea where his seriousness came from.
- Last-Name Basis: Starts out by calling /EVERYONE/ Mr. or Miss/Ms/Mrs. lastname. Including students. ESPECIALLY students.
- Genius Sweet Tooth: Really, I have nothing to add to this.
- Psychologist Teacher: Solved a lot of problems already. Told a certain Thanksgiving teacher about his love problems, even solved the homelessness of a certain Halloween student from past years, is helping a certain Valentine's empath with her own empath-related issues... He can basically tell if you're upset just when he walks in the room and from there it's not hard to solve every problem possible. In fact, he WILL solve it.
- Badass Teacher: Try to harm his students. I dare you. In fact, I double-dog dare you.
- Stern Teacher: Fair. I promise he's fair. Just don't ask Lily or Salem about that.
- The Kirk
Professor Christopher Crispin
Real World Studies Teacher
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Fragile Flower: Gotta admit it.
- Girly Girl: Yep
- Long Hair Is Feminine
- The Empath: Receiving lessons from a certain Christmas Teacher to help deal with all the extra emotions she's getting at all times in such a freaking emotional place. /glances at the overly-emotional Thanksgiving Teacher
Yseult Ni Cinead
Felis "Felix" Flechette
- Cats Are Magic
- Master of Illusion: ...In training.
- Animal Stereotypes: Somewhat averted in his case, because he's more of a cheerful idiot than a mysterious or magical character.
- Funny Animal
- Attention Whore: Will often perform flashy illusion magic for no real reason other than he wants people to look at and appreciate what he does. It's all part and parcel of being a Circus Brat.
- Older Than They Look: Between his demeanor and lack of stature.
- Christmas Elves
- Sweet Tooth
- Claustrophobia: She dislikes closets.
- Hates Baths: She tried to spit shine herself to avoid one.
- Older Than They Look
- Shorter Means Smarter: When compared to the other two in her group of friends know as Red Chocolate Mints.
- The Napoleon: She will break your knees with her hammer if she wants to.